1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Poor receptioin

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dunn101, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Dunn101

Dunn101 Newbie
    None

Nov 7, 2010
    Has anyone noticed poor reception in fringe areas? Here's my story. I was in a fringe area, no signal even though iPhones and Blackberrys (and others on the same carrier) were working. Put the phone down and looked at it later, I had 3 bars. I picked it up and in a moment I had no bars. Put it down again and it ticked up to 3 bars again. This was repeatable. This seems to be an antenna problem like the iPhone 4 had which I think they solved with software. How do we get HTC to look into this and fix it?

Otherwise, wonderful phone.

Advertisement

2. johnburtjab

johnburtjab Newbie
    None

Sep 6, 2011
    ive noticed the same thing!. I'm not sure the answer to your question though.

3. johnburtjab

johnburtjab Newbie
    None

Sep 6, 2011
    in poor reception area's i've found that setting the phone to "2g only" service is more stable. (no test just seems to work better)

4. Jay3GSM

Jay3GSM Newbie
    None

Mar 14, 2010
    This is one area where the One S really seems to suffer. I hope it is just a software issue, and not a hardware problem. Turning to 2G is a solution, but not a very practical one.

5. rizmack

rizmack Newbie
    None

Jul 21, 2012
    My carrier's suggestion was to go to SETTINGS and the manually change the service provider to another one, when it returns an error then switch back to your contracted service provider. This may result in you switching to another mast in the area, which may give you better reception.

Try that.

6. PJBandroid

PJBandroid Newbie
    None

Apr 19, 2012
    yeah, I'm with VF and service is shocking. Was on O2 before but there is no comparison!

Tags: