1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Poor Reception or is it just me?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jore, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Jore

Jore Android Enthusiast

Anyone experience poor reception? I'm coming from an HTC Evo 4G and in my home, the 3G reception is decent and picks up my wifi at almost 100%. With the GS2, 3G reception is less than decent (slow data) and fluctuates with my wifi reception. Sometimes it can be 50% sometimes its less. Was at Walmart trying to get on the web and was almost non-existent with my GS2. Was either really really slow or connection lost. With the Evo, was able to surf or get on the market with no problem.

Anyone experience this? Because of this, thinking about returning. But I've only had it for about a day so will see how it goes the next couple of days.

Advertisement

2. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert

It all depends what firmware you are on, which operator and which country, but personally i can`t complain about poor reception.

3. Morat

Morat Well-Known Member

All good here....

4. Remeniz

Remeniz Android Enthusiast

I have to admit that 3G reception is rubbish for me. If I'm out and about I cannot browse the internet on 3G at all.... I have to be on H to use the internet.

That's full strength 3G and it's un useable.

5. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

A word of caution here.... Sprint is a CDMA carrier so the likelihood is that the wireless chipset in their version (Epic 4G Touch, I think?) will differ from GSM handsets.

6. loony

loony Android Enthusiast

i really cant tell as i have swapped workplace into a brand new room when i got the phone, surrounded in cables/pc gear etc...outside seems ok....but inside is quite poor.
    plus my carrier is well know for poor reception quality. i dont have 3g where i live but the wifi is ultra fast.
    there are 4 other people with the phone (different firmware) who also are having trouble with thier carrier...which im starting to think is the bigger issue over here.

7. phonefool

phonefool Newbie

My reception and call quality is exceptional.

This is by far better than my old iPhone 4 or any other smartphone I've owned.

8. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast

I will have to admit that the reception of my SG2 in the same exact locations as my Blackberry or iPhone 4 does NOT get as good of reception on the AT&T network. There are time when i go onto the net the the H+ would not work unless I turned the phone off and back on. Upon waking I would get multiple emails and texts from over an hour ago and then be able to get H+ and the Internet. Did not do this all the time but no way I would say the RF is as good as my other two devices.