• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Poor reception? (was great with my Blackberry)

shermas

Apr 19, 2010
I live in an area where I had GREAT reception on my Blackberry... since switching to the Incredible, I have a really hard time getting a good signal in my house.

Calls drop when I'm talking to someone and the person on the other end of the phone fades in and out when I'm on a call.

Does anyone have any tips to improve reception?

I LOVE the phone, but the dropped calls are getting really old... especially when it wasn't an issue with my last Verizon phone.

this is going to sound ridiculous, but:

if anyone is having issues with the phone, turn it off, take out the battery and try again...

after ANOTHER day of not being able to hear people, having voices fade in and out and, generally, going crazy because my phone wasn't working, i took the battery out. Five minutes later, it's like i have a brand new phone. call quality is perfect, no more fading, etc... it's awesome.

i was so disappointed because i love the phone, but i literally could not use it to make phone calls due to the quality being so bad... no more. everything is great. wonderful phone. so glad i didn't cave in and return it.

Upvote 0
I have both, BB Tour and Inc --- with both phones the reception is good, not excellent and ever time I check my dBm, both phones are the same or with in -1 of each other --- they are usually between -80 and -90 ,,,, I have never had a dropped call with any of my BB's in 2 years - and none yet in the last 2 weeks with Inc --- I would try a new phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones