• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Poor Signal Quality inside buildings?

So far I have had bad luck with the signal/call quality. This is not just me not liking the number of bars but actually loosing all signal, not being able to make or receive calls, and it draining the crap out of the battery

Facts:
1) When outside, in my car, near the windows in buildings, the call quality is great
2) A Moto Droid in the same office gets acceptable signal and call quality
3) This is an issue anytime I'm in a building; Lowes, Walmart, the pet store, a mexican resturant... anything larger then my house.
4) My old iPhone never a problem in all of these places.
5) The side affect is it kills my battery life. I purchased the seido extended battery and it is always down to 30% by the time i leave work at 5pm (10 hours off the charger) On the weekends it lasts 40-60 hours no problem.

After talking with a Verizon Tech she told me they would send me a new phone. But due to the back order I won't get it before the end of the month. Which scares me since that puts me out of the 30 day return policy. So I asked her about that and she said this would extend it another 30 days. Which I wish I had in writing but heres for hoping this works because I love the phone when it works :)

It just depends on the location of the towers in your area. If you get fairly weak signal outside of the building then chances are you'll get an even weaker signal inside the building. Many times they put towers in more rural areas because the land is cheaper to lease vs being in downtown. So it just depends on where the towers are located imo.

Upvote 0
I have the same complaint. With my old LG Dare, I got good reception anywhere inside my office building. With the Incredible, there are spots where I totally lose all signal. I got my original Incredible replaced, but this replacement unit displays the same behavior.

That doesn't bode well to my chances.

It just depends on the location of the towers in your area. If you get fairly weak signal outside of the building then chances are you'll get an even weaker signal inside the building. Many times they put towers in more rural areas because the land is cheaper to lease vs being in downtown. So it just depends on where the towers are located imo.

But even verizon phone to verizon phone this one performs weakly

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones