• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Poor Video Quality

powderwt

Lurker
Oct 15, 2016
As the title states, when i recieve videos from friends via text, they are VERY poor quality. I am on verizon if that helps at all. I have tried multiple messaging apps and they are all the same. I prefer using Textra Pro but i tried my factory Verizon messaging app and still the same thing. Please help its really annoying.

When it involves texting, photos and videos that are too high a resolution get automatically scaled down. Some services do allow higher res file exchanges but those are always limited to both parties using that same service (i.e. an Apple iMessage user to another iMessage user, or a WhatsApp user to another WhatsApp user). Otherwise, SMS and MMS, the protocols that all texting services can fall back on to communicate with each other, have restrictive limits to file size transfers.

If you have photos or videos that are under 25 MB or so in file size send them as email attachments, or if larger use something like Dropbox or some other file sharing service and then send the corresponding, text-only link.

Reactions: mikedt and doogald
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones