1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Poor/weak GPS in the galaxy s

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by colebro989, Jun 1, 2011.

1. colebro989

colebro989 Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    CORRECT Hardware GPS Fix - xda-developers

thought i would share a link with those that have experienced the lackluster gps in the galaxy s released in NA last july. as we know it was made out to be a software issue that samsung promised to fix. that fix came and went with skeptical results. after reading through some threads on xda they point out that it is also a hardware problem with the phone. fortunately you can fix it yourself. notice only do this if you phone is the i9000 model galaxy s vibrant. I take no credit for these tips and heres to a better functioning gps.

when i did the hardware fix i replaced the tab with some solder and it connected a lot better to the antenna. hope you all finally have some resolution to getting a shotty gps. cheers.

Advertisement

2. seepage

seepage Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    You should have posted in the vibrant forum if its important not to get phones confused.

I wonder if there are lots of people from around the world wrongly posting in the US variant forums.

3. colebro989

colebro989 Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011

Ya ill try to post it there. Or if an admin can move this thread to the vibrant forum?