1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Poor Wifi Performance. Android 1.6 or TMO MyTouch 3G LE?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by triffle, Feb 3, 2010.

1. triffle

triffle Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Hey Everyone,

So I have had my MT3G LE for about 4 days... and I am really liking it. I was having an issue though... I am able to access the internet via WIFI, with now issues except when I am on my home WIFI. I am able to connect, but I was not able to surf... If I would issue out pings from my laptop to my phone I would get "destination host unreachable" and "time outs". I would be able to surf, but the performance was so poor that the browsing the internet is impossible...

I checked all over the forums and google... The only thing that I could find was reset your phone, clear cookies, take out there battery...ect. However, I did see one thread where some people were reporting that they were having no issues connecting to WIFI with WPA2 - AES encryption...

This did not make since to me, since I was able to use WIFI at my work and at my bubby's house. So I checked my wireless security settings on my router at the house... I was running WPA2 - TKIP - AES. I change it from that to just AES, and lo and behold... Able to surf no problem what so ever, great speed... no further issues.

Now my question is. Is there a limitation with TKIP and Android 1.6 or is it limitation with the MyTouch 3G LE (32A)?

Advertisement

2. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Active Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Portland, OR
    I think it maybe the OS limitation. I've had similar issue where I was having hard time transmitting any packets when using TKIP. But when I changed it to AES, viola, the problem solved.
    In general, AES is 'stronger' than TKIP so I really did not bother to investigate any further.
    I am using the original MyTouch3G so I do not think it's the hardware platform issue.

3. jSDRaver

jSDRaver Member

Feb 2, 2010
    I have le #0152

No problems..

4. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Hire me! - www.linkedin.com/in/jresneck
    SF Bay Area
    My phone seems pretty poor on wifi in general, but I haven't checked any of my settings at home or others' yet.