• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Poor workmanship

Why are we having so many problems with the phones. Not just HTC, its accross the board.
Arent the devices tested in the factory's,
I assume in the design stage, they would have sorted all these stupid issues we are having out.
Is this poor workmanship or am i just being petty.

In my work, if i dont deliver or give bad service, my customers will go some place else.

Well you know that they are always in a hurry to bring a product to market. That could account for some of the problems we see. That and the market is extremely competitive so price is a big factor. The evolution curve is steep right now to satisfy consumer desires so many new factors are engineered into a device without a huge window for field testing. They are willing to replace a failed unit within the first year of use... so I think we are the test drivers lol. I don't think they have any option however. If they wait around a few months to fully test and redesign and test again... their end product would be so far off the leading edge by release date that nobody would want it. That's my take on it anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones