• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Poorly fitting rear cover.

I regularly remove and refit my cover with no problem at all - I have a couple of spare batteries and swap them over in a moment, and if I'm in a rush to shut down the phone or have accidently booted it then rip the cover off and slip the battery away from the contacts and replace the cover in about 2 seconds... :)

My problem's been with the lens cover, the piece of plastic's so bad - I think it's a laminate and there's some defect in it - that the images are so poor it's better and easier to take the cover off, or so I thought for a while until I was trying so hard to clean the inside of it that it pushed off the sticky holding it to the cover, and now I get perfect images :D
Not sure how much shite's going to get into the phone, but as I have the back off and on so often I don't think much will accumilate... ?!

Upvote 0
On my first Desire, I thought the back was a great idea. It fit perfectly and I had it on and off loads, due to overheating problems.

I received my replacement yesterday and its going back today. The back doesnt fit properly at all. it clicks when you touch it, which you can hear in the calls.

Hope its 3rd time lucky!! :mad:

Upvote 0
My first Desire (which I gave away to family member) had the back cover sticking out but my second and current Desire has the cover fitting in perfectly all around. The two Desires are slightly different with the newer Desire having buttons flush in with the body and the HBOOT version are different (0.83 vs newer 0.92), I think manufacture batches has something to do with it.

Upvote 0
When I see people taking off a cover of a phone, they often release one edge and then really pull the cover to make the other edge come off. Doing that with the Desire cover WILL warp it. The material is too soft for such a stress to be put on it so I'm not surprised some say the cover won't fit back on again.

Be smart: release one corner (with the indent), then use a knife along the edge to pop the other corner. Then it won't get warped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones