• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help POP email account acting up

GripnRip

May 12, 2010
My office uses POP email for our work email and ever since the Android 2.2 update on my EVO I've noticed it showing some very weird behavior. From my understanding and the way it acted both previously on my iphone and on my EVO prior to Froyo; when you set up a POP email account it should "POP" new emails down to your device when it checks for new mail. Because of this if you want to get it on multiple devices you need to set your email to leave a copy on the server for a period of time as to make sure you can download the email on multiple machines.

This is how my email had acted on my iphone and on my EVO running 2.1. I have my work computer set to leave mail on the server for 3 days, making sure i have enough time to get in on my phone. And I set my phone to also leave a copy of the downloaded messages on the server to make sure I can get it on my work computer.

Ever since the Froyo update it seems like my POP account on my EVO is acting like an Exchange account. What I mean by this is it appears everytime it checks for new mail it is syncing with the server. Because of this at any time I only have 3 days worth of mail that stays on my phone. This means every Monday morning when I check my mail it deletes everything as I don't usually get any mail on Saturday and Sunday.

Did something change in the settings for POP mail in the Froyo update. I've done a restore of my phone since and tried deleting and readding the emial account and going through the settings step by step to make sure I'm doing it right?

Does anyone know what I'm missing?

thanks,

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones