• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help POP EMail Issues

I started getting a "Connection Error" message for email downloads 2 1/2 weeks after getting the phone. I have gone round & round with Verizon, my cable provider, and Motorola and have eliminated the cable provider as an issue. My accounts will work on non-Driod phones. Verizon customer support verified this last week at their store. I have has a few hard-resets perforfmed on it and set it back to factory standards - still no joy. I can send emails from my POP account through the Droid - just not receive them. I have gone onto Motorola's support forum and have seen NUMEROUS posts about POP email issues. Has anyone else had similar issues? Have you been able to correct them? I am about ready to return this phone and walk away from the Android operating system.

Ah - I forgot to include that. I am currently pulling my emails through gmail. Functional, but not operational. The POP accounts should work the way they are supposed to work, an nobody should be required to funnel their emails through Google or anything else. It is analogous to when Microsoft would make it difficult to use browsers other than theirs.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure it was the real, i.e. not beta version but I wouldn't swear to it. I was using it with an att.net (the old worldnet) address. I could try installing it again and see if it works this time. I'm currently using Touchdown for my Exchange email from work but that doesn't work with POP3. It would be nice to have one email app that worked for both. I'm very frustrated with the builtin app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones