1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Pop Up Ads all over Device - Non Stop and I need Help removing the App

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Adam Duhamel, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Adam Duhamel

Adam Duhamel Lurker

So I found about 4 or so Apps that have been installed to my phone, all of which are unwanted and are not removable. I have a LEAGOO Shark 1 and I've tried my best to remove these apps but they are unable to leave my device.

Ever since these apps were installed (Maybe because of an image I downloaded from Google or something) they have been causing non stop Pop Up Advertisements all over my device. Not just when I open an app, but even on the home screen they pop up. These apps are only view able through the App location in SETTINGS.

The 4 apps I've found are name - LocationEM2, OOBA, Opera Mobile Store, and YGPS.
    For some reason these pop ups always open up a random ad about literally anything such ass winning a lottery or donations. BUT when tapping on something other than the Exit button it opens to the Google Play Store to "Flash Cleaner" which is an app for cleaning junk and saving battery life. I've never heard of this app.

When I go to each unwanted app in my Settings the "Disable" and "Force Stop" ect are all greyed out, meaning I don't have permission to enetr those commands so I believe. I need help

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Well if you don't have the option to uninstall these then they are system apps which cannot be removed unless rooted

mikedt likes this.
  3. Adam Duhamel

Adam Duhamel Lurker

I've tried 3 different Rooting applications and also some alternatives. Non work, they all say my device cannot be rooted.

At this point I'm lost, if rooting doesn't work I'm not familiar with any other ways to remove these apps

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

A rather unknown China phone, sold cheap online and shipped from China.. With a few of these things the adware is baked into the actual firmware they comes with, and there's not can be done other than trying to re-flash it with Leagoo Shark 1 firmware that isn't contaminated, that's if root isn't possible. You'll have to try contacting Leagoo about it, ether by their phone number, email or address in Shenzhen, China, or via Skype, Wechat, QQ or Facebook.
    http://www.leagoo.com/en/about/Contact_Us.html

#4 mikedt, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Dannydet likes this.
  5. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast

Check in your Settings then look for Security or Device Administrator. In some cases these apps boxes maybe checked and some times hidden. If not hidden just uncheck these apps removing them from administrative permissions on the device. Also look in Apps with usage settings and do the same.

Hadron, Dannydet and mikedt like this.
  6. Adam Duhamel

Adam Duhamel Lurker

I've checked in both Administrative Applications and Apps with Usage and everything is normal. This makes me think these apps have been made to sneak past this, so I'll have to try contacting LEAGOO about it. I'll get back to this thread once that's done.

7. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast

Great and here's some more information that may become useful. But please read before using.

http://mobilespecs.net/phone/codes/Leagoo/Leagoo_Shark_1.html

8. Adam Duhamel

Adam Duhamel Lurker

I did a factory reset on the phone, it fixed the issue. I think whatever got into my device snuck it's way inside some system application and was hidden. Factory resets are the answer to everything I guess lol

mikedt likes this.

Device Help

Device Help Forum

zte.com.cn.devicehelp

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs