• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pop up Ads

Robm1955

Lurker
Feb 20, 2011
Help. I know I will get ads within aps, but just lakely, when my phone has been locked for a while, when I unlock it, I am presented with a pop up ad on the screen (see attached image). I've gone through the settings, and unchecked Google ads, but I can't have done it right, as I'm still getting them. I don't always get the X in the top corner either.

Attachments

• Popup Ad.jpg
    Popup Ad.jpg
    426.6 KB · Views: 174
"KS2 SATs"...are you in the UK?

You've more than likely got some app or game installed that's producing those ads. Suggest you go back through anything you might have installed or has been updated recently. Have you installed any apps from outside of Google Play or Amazon Appstore, i.e. untrusted places?
I can't remember the last app I installed. Think I did install one outside Google play, but I've had that on for ages, and haven't had any problems, until the last few weeks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones