1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support pop up: battery supercharger

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dyrut, Dec 28, 2011.

1. dyrut

dyrut Lurker
    None

Dec 19, 2009
    I get a small green + up in the notification area that redirects me to the "battery supercharger app" for android browser page. Has anybody else experienced this and if so how do you get it to stop? :mad:

Advertisement

2. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Android Expert
    None

Jan 14, 2011
    Male
    Oyster shucker blacks oyster bar
    Dirty South, Louisiana
    Sounds like you might have an app that has airpush embedded in it, that is spamming your notification bar.
    You can download an app from the market that checks for airpush permissions.
    Then just uninstall the offending app.

dnc likes this.
  3. dnc

dnc Lurker
    None

Feb 3, 2012
    Yesterday I had a small red star on the notification bar and it turned out to be battery supercharger which wanted to be installed and access SMS, phone numbers etc. I switched off phone quickly. From info on the forum I installed "Addons Detector" by Demper. It found that it was "UK Trains Timetable" by Skandisoftware that was Airpushing. I installed it yesterday morning on a train and in a hurry, but should have read the negative comments before installing !!

4. ccbamboo

ccbamboo Lurker
    None

Feb 5, 2012
    I got this as well but the problem is that I stupidly pressed on the pop up (once it loads the app page) thinking that it will remove the pop up and see what the app is. From that simple click it automatically downloaded it without even letting me check permissions or even have a choice to not download it.

Since I'm using the setting to not install apps from outside the android market it wasn't installed and I found the location of the apk file and deleted it.

Am I safe from this app (didn't install it, automatically downloaded)? I heard that it has permission to send/receive text and it costs money!

5. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None

Since it didn't install it can't do anything. The text issue is different.

6. Darkat70

Darkat70 Newbie
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    I have just had this happen, i noticed it after i added the market update helper via titanium backup. i have ran the airpush, airblocker and addon detector, removed and uninstalled what it found, i also removed market update helper. If it still happens i will have to resort to a nand restore from a week ago.

7. SnappySmart

SnappySmart Lurker
    None

Apr 9, 2012
    I downloaded the airpush today:) Thank you to bberryhill0 and G.adams22 for the recommendation. The problem was "Love Pandora Jewlery". Don't download it.

8. bberryhill0

None

That crap is still out there?!? Sheesh. Google needs to think about that one.

Swyped from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

TheAtheistReverend likes this.
  9. daren198

daren198 Lurker
    None

May 6, 2010
    This APP is not free - so beware! on opening the APP it will deduct money from your mobile (payasyougo / contract ) via SMS. subscribing you to be deducted money each month to the sum of two payments (

vernal21 likes this.
  10. Sweetcupcake78

None

Apr 28, 2012
    My husband has inadvertently installed this app, it came as a pop up and he didn't realised and it is now installed. I am an iPhone user so not totally aware of how to now get rid of this for his phone, please can someone help me in very simple, easy to understand language. Also, we have purchased a Sony Xperia x8 for my son so is ther apps that I should put on his phone to stop anything like this happening to him.

11. Sweetcupcake78

None

Apr 28, 2012
    Since I'm using the setting to not install apps from outside the android market it wasn't installed and I found the location of the apk file and deleted it.

Please can you tell me where this setting is? Thank you.

12. bberryhill0

None

Settings> Applications> Unknown Sources

13. Kezjarran

Kezjarran Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2012