1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Pop up settings

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Keith Rann, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Keith Rann

Keith Rann Lurker
    None

Mar 12, 2016
    Male
    Been using my s7 for a few days now and can't for the life of me work out how to load up the pop up settings, previously I'd owned an s4 and you pressed the bottom left key and that would bring up settings in apps etc. I am first of all trying to hide apps and can only see how to edit them by moving into folders?!

Another one... when using Boom Beach there are no icons on the left to allow you to enter settings to turn off music etc. The bottom left key just allows you to view previous tabs you were using last.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Advertisement

2. rkkeller

rkkeller Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 25, 2010
    The Dog Pound.
    The settings vary from app to app from what I have seen. You need to look around whatever app your running to find them. I don't think you can hide apps directly, you might need to find an app that lets you do it.

Boom Beach is just how the app is, nothing to do with the S7 from what I have seen. Maybe try running it thru the Game Center and see if that helps.

3. Keith Rann

Keith Rann Lurker
    None

Mar 12, 2016
    Male
    Thanks for the reply.

On my S4 when in the apps page you can bring up a pop up window to hide apps, view as, galaxy essentials, help, remove folder etc etc. I have no way of doing this on my S7?

I am trying to transfer the Boom Beach from my S4 to S7 and can't do this as there are no settings to the side of the screen. Odd!

4. SirEagle

SirEagle Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 21, 2010
    Akron, Ohio
    Looks like to hide apps, you go into the app drawer and click edit, then the minus sign on the app you want to hide.

App settings for most apps, once in the app there are three dots on the top right, clicking that opens a menu that generally has a settings option. Not sure about in games.

5. Keith Rann

Keith Rann Lurker
    None

Mar 12, 2016
    Male
    It looks as though when you use the minus sign this uninstalls the app and not hide it.

Still not found a solution for boom beach... so odd. I can't turn the sound off it etc.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.