• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pop up spam or malware - Solved

doc1964

Android Enthusiast
Oct 13, 2010
Scotland
Hi folks, looking for some help please. Upgraded to an s8 in December and I find that I keep getting pop ups on screen telling me my phone has a virus. This happens when I visit various sites, online news papers etc. I have installed avast and bitdefender anti virus but this still happens. I contacted bitdefender support but they were useless simply telling me this was malware and to clear cache on my phone which I had already done several times.I thought the whole idea of their software with web protection was to prevent you being redirected to suspect sites. Can anyone recommend how to prevent this happening as I have to shut down phone to get out of these screens when this happens.
Thank you for any help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180114-200404.png
    Screenshot_20180114-200404.png
    326.9 KB · Views: 242
  • Screenshot_20180114-200355.png
    Screenshot_20180114-200355.png
    434.9 KB · Views: 247
If it's only happening when you are browsing it sounds like a browser redirect, which often slip by anti-malware apps because the mechanism is technically an advert. Have you tried clearing the browser app's cache (as opposed to system cache)? Failing that, its history as well? Which browser are you using, and have you considered an ad-blocker?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones