• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pop ups (Ads)

In the play store app, go to settings>notifications and then uncheck the box for 'deals and promotions'.

It was already unchecked 🤤, but thanks.

Google play is the music app..
thinking.png

Sounds like there is some rogue app thats hijacked your phone.

What web browsers do you use?

Did you install anythig recently?

I see threads like this all the time and usually its some app thats hijacked the phone...

I use Chrome.

Upvote 0
I've been getting them when I unlock my phone, text, games that didn't have ads to start with, opening Snapchat messages. I've removed a bunch of apps I though was the reason plus ones that I'm sure weren't the reason

These are all known apps that can put adware on your phone and put unnecessary ads.

- Super-Bright LED Flashlight/Torch

- ES App Locker or ES File Explorer

- GO apps (e.g. GO Keyboard, GO Weather), GO Keyboard theme apps like Glass Water Keyboard. Next Browser

- KittyPlay

- Peel Remote app

-KingoRoot

- Photo Editor Pro

- TouchPal apps

- VideoShow video editor

- Xender

- Z Camera (and Zero Team apps)

Also check these:
Other Flashlight apps, battery booster apps, ES file explorer, or Flash Keyboard?

Upvote 0
I didnt have any of those apps.

But I would also like to add to that list of apps that cause ads on your phone to pop up randomly. I had this one from the play store an even though I removed the app I was still getting ads and it wasn't until I removed the photos last night that I had saved on my phone that the ads stopped.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180306-131946.jpg
    Screenshot_20180306-131946.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 831
Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
I didnt have any of those apps.

But I would also like to add to that list of apps that cause ads on your phone to pop up randomly. I had this one from the play store an even though I removed the app I was still getting ads and it wasn't until I removed the photos last night that I had saved on my phone that the ads stopped.

Good rule of thumb: Read the reviews in the Google Play Store. That one had some complaints of popup ads.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones