• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pop ups (Ads)

Hello.

Your post is quite vague. Let’s start a conversation and get to know more about you. :p

What’s your carrier?
Are you rooted? (Probably not but wanted to ask. If you dont know what this means then most likely not)
I ASSume you have thr latest android version
How long have you had the phone?
Did you notice this after installing or uninstalling an app?
What browser are you using? Do you only see this in the browser or do you see these ads popup on your phone at random?

Upvote 0
I just started having the same issues with pop-ups from Google. I've tried opting out of ads, notifications, playstore notifications, clearing cache, uninstalling recent apps but still having the same issues. I even installed anti-spyware, ad blocks and tried several programs but still having these issues. UGHhhhh!

Reactions: REP211
Upvote 0
I just started having the same issues with pop-ups from Google. I've tried opting out of ads, notifications, playstore notifications, clearing cache, uninstalling recent apps but still having the same issues. I even installed anti-spyware, ad blocks and tried several programs but still having these issues. UGHhhhh!

Hi, I have the same issue and have tried about all of what you mentioned. These pop-up ads are driving me nuts. They create 3-4 extra steps for me every time I attempt to use my phone.

Have you found any relief? I was searching for a good ad blocker -- even if paid for at thus point. I truly hope you can help! Thanks!

so if you can capture a screenshot that would be more helpful.

most likely its still some app you aren't checking.

Hi, I responded to the posting prior to yours just a few minutes ago. I actually have some screenshots of the ads I was first getting. I believe this Home Screen pop-up ad problem started on my SGN8 at least 2 months ago and quite possibly after an update was received.
I have Sprint and have had my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 for 2 years.
I hope you can help me!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181009-203435_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20181009-203435_Google Play Store.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 252
  • Screenshot_20181009-214530_Relax Music.jpg
    Screenshot_20181009-214530_Relax Music.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 250
  • Screenshot_20181009-221109_Relax Music.jpg
    Screenshot_20181009-221109_Relax Music.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 238
  • Screenshot_20181009-222934_Relax Music.jpg
    Screenshot_20181009-222934_Relax Music.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 243
  • Screenshot_20181009-225920_Relax Music.jpg
    Screenshot_20181009-225920_Relax Music.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 275
  • Screenshot_20181129-005638_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20181129-005638_Facebook.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 244
Upvote 0
Hi, I have the same issue and have tried about all of what you mentioned. These pop-up ads are driving me nuts. They create 3-4 extra steps for me every time I attempt to use my phone.

Have you found any relief? I was searching for a good ad blocker -- even if paid for at thus point. I truly hope you can help! Thanks!

Hi, I responded to the posting prior to yours just a few minutes ago. I actually have some screenshots of the ads I was first getting. I believe this Home Screen pop-up ad problem started on my SGN8 at least 2 months ago and quite possibly after an update was received.
I have Sprint and have had my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 for 2 years.
I hope you can help me!

Those are all lock-screen ads? Do you have Peel Smart Remote installed? If so, that could be the culprit.

Upvote 0
Those are all lock-screen ads? Do you have Peel Smart Remote installed? If so, that could be the culprit.

Can't say it's peel remote but spot on there. It's happened to me once or twice and it wasn't that. Can't honestly say what it was instead, but if you've only just noticed it then it was one or two of the last things you installed ;)

Upvote 0
Item 1. I recently, out of no deliberate act on my part have a so called product called AUTOBOOST. It is not in the APPS list and a search in my files is good. It pops up randomly & apparently scans and cleans. Again it is an intrusion and I did not locate and download this product.
Item 2. I get random orchestral blast about 4 beats. Sounds like a trijng section with maybe a flute mixed in. It happens for no obvious reason and its loud. All mt notification are silebt with vibrations. .Any suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones