• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help pop ups in browser

when i go onto chrome after a few minutes i get a pop up in the middle of screen telling me that either i have a virus,no virus scanner running or wanting to know if i want to download candy crush etc.i have free antivirus and have run scans but it says i have no viruses,i have also downloaded anti malware bytes and that has come out all clear as well,has anybody else had this problem and if so what is the best way of dealing with it, cheers.

Just ignore them. If you ever actually got a virus, it would show up as a notification. The only way your going to get a virus anyway is if you install a malicious app. AFAIK, there are no exploits that allow a website to infect an Android device without you giving it permission to run.

So really, Android doesn't have viruses, but rather trojans instead.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones