• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help POP3 email - how to resize an image before sending

Hi,

I just got a Google Pixel 2. My previous phone was also an Android (Samsung Galaxy S6). On my previous phone. I have two email accounts that I use regularly. One is a gmail account and the other is my work email which has a typical POP3 server to receive email and an SMTP server to send mail. When I got my phone at the store, the salesperson entered my gmail account and immediately I was able to send and receive emails for my gmail account using the "gmail" app on my phone. When I got home, I wanted to add my work email account. I went to Setup | Users and Accounts and added a personal POP3 account. After entering the correct info for my POP3 and SMTP servers, I am now able to send and receive emails from my work account using the same "gmail" app that I use for gmail. When I open this app, I am able to select either my work account or my gmail account, or I can view both inboxes together in one complete list.

On my old phone, rather than using the same "gmail" app to view both my my gmail and my work account, I had a separate app just called "email" that I used for my work account. It doesn't bother me using the same app for both accounts, but there is one specific thing I was able to do with my old phone that I can't figure out how to do on my new phone. When I take a photo and want to share it using my work email account, on my old phone I would find the picture I want and touch the "share" button. I would then choose the "email" app (linked to my work email account) as the app I would like to share it with. This app gave me the opportunity to resize the image before I share it. With my new phone, I don't seem to have this option. Can anyone tell me how I can resize an image before I send it?

Thanks and best regards,
Paul

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones