1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Popped the back cover to fix power button, now no screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by white91formula, Oct 25, 2011.

1. white91formula

None

Jun 15, 2010
    I followed the Youtube video on how to disassemble the phone (vid is actually for screen replacement) and took the back cover off to fix my power button. I didnt need to do any further disassembly than the back cover, but the video shows you how to tear it down to replace the screen.

There is a little rubber "spring" that clips into the phone that is connected to the power button and is what gives its click, mine had come out of the slot it sits in and gave it the stuck in look with no click.

Anyways I was as careful as possible while doing this and put it all back together and have a working power button again. However this created a new problem and I have no display on my screen. The phone powers on like it should and is on, I just cant see the screen. If you swipe your finger across it, it still vibrates and unlocks the phone. I can get phone calls and I'm sure i can make them, I just cant see how too.

Any ideas ? obviously I disturbed something and I'm not sure what to do at this point. I took it all apart again and checked the ribbon cables, they seem fine and all connected.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated as I'm with out a phone right now due to this. I really dont want to have to go pick up a new phone right now as I was hoping to wait for the Razr to come out !

Advertisement

2. white91formula

None

Jun 15, 2010
    All set guys, took it apart again today with a fresh set of eyes and found one of the ribbon cables was loose. Reconnected it and im all set now, phone back in action :D