• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Popping/Dripping Sound w/ Audio

msdanibeach

Lurker
Nov 16, 2010
Hi there,

When I play one of the stock ringtones (which, by the way, suck) or stream radio stations, music plays fine. However, I would like to be able to download music to my phone either from my computer or from an app, but every time I try either of those, I hear a popping/dripping noise in the background. It happens both when I preview the song/sound and when I download it, and it doesn't matter where I download them from. I've tried websites, my computer, apps, etc. So frustrating!
It sounds like it may be a problem with the speakers, like maybe they are having trouble playing certain file types or something, but I haven't the slightes idea why this is. That's just a hunch, though. I know nothing about how phones work.
Anyone know what might be going on?

By the way, I don't know if this affects anything, but my phone is rooted now. The popping/dripping began way before I rooted it, though. Just throwing that out there.

Welcome to Android Forums, msdanibeach.

Sorry to see you're having sound issues with your Vibrant (I moved the thread to the Vibrant Support area for you). I'm wondering if you've played with the volume levels yet in the menu settings; if they're at maximum, the sound quality could suffer on some types of multimedia files.

Thank you. I will try that!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones