• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Populating Folders??

abramenko

Lurker
Sep 25, 2010
Just got my Droid 2 a few days ago, and am trying to setup some folders. I created a folder on the home screen and named it "Music". I know I can use astro to move files in there, but is there a way to do this natively. Using Astro, I have to copy each file one at a time to the home screen as a shortcut, and then move them. I have a lot of music and this can take a while. I can't seem to find the folde on the home screen to browse to.

Just got my Droid 2 a few days ago, and am trying to setup some folders. I created a folder on the home screen and named it "Music". I know I can use astro to move files in there, but is there a way to do this natively. Using Astro, I have to copy each file one at a time to the home screen as a shortcut, and then move them. I have a lot of music and this can take a while. I can't seem to find the folde on the home screen to browse to.

Why don't you just set up a shortcut to the music folder on your SD card?

Long-press on home screen
Select Shortcut
Select Astro
Navigate to folder and select OK
Confirm shortcut name and folder icon
Done

Tap on shortcut and Astro opens to designated folder.

Why are you doing this, anyway? Your music player should not care where your music is - leave it on your SD card and it will access it from there.

Reactions: abramenko
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones