1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Popup texts go straight to lock screen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alpha0meqa, May 16, 2011.

1. alpha0meqa

alpha0meqa Lurker

Hey there!

I just got my Evo two days ago after my Hero took a crap(...after being dropped in the rain..AHEM)I remember that whenever I would have my phone locked(dimmed) not sure what to call it...timed out?? But whenever I get a text message it will turn on and show me the message which is fine, once I reply in that window it takes me back to the lock screen(screen that shows the time and you need to drag it down to get to your home screen, not sure what to call this screen either) I don't use any kind of password, and I'm almost certain that with my hero once I would reply to a message that popped up, it would take me to the homescreen afterwards, instead it takes me back to the "locked screen" and I have to drag that screen down to get to the home screen..

Sorry if that's a bit too crowded....Basically I want it to popup---I respond,---I get to the homescreen, I know it seems minor but I def can notice it right away.

I use Handscent by the way!

Thank you so much in advance. I love my Evo btw =)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Goto Notifications and check enable pop up windows. Be careful with Handcent. If you get a popup notification and don't check it right away, it will drain the battery.

3. alpha0meqa

alpha0meqa Lurker

Yeah I have it checked, I don't have a problem with getting popups, I just want it to take me from the popup to the homescreen instead of sitting at the lock screen....Maybe that's something new in the software and it can't be changed, but I'm pretty sure on my Hero it took me back to my main screen from answering a popup text message, if im doing other things or just sitting on the mainscreen and i get a popup text it will take me to the homescreen or wherever it left off, but if the screen was off and just idle it will just popup and then i answer it and just sit at the lock screen, so what I want is for it to take me to the home screen if possible

4. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Maybe use an app to turn off the lock screen but I don't know if you want that to be permanent.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews