1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Popup to control music player

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by cerberusss, Sep 16, 2011.

1. cerberusss

cerberusss Member
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    I've got a Samsung Gio running Captive, with Android 2.3 beneath. I'd like a way to control the music player with a popup, that appears when you doubleclick the home button (yeah, I'm a former iPhone user).

Is there an Android equivalent for this iPhoneish shortcut way to control music playing?

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Is there any reason why you dont want to put a widget on the homescreen or lockscreen instead?

3. cerberusss

cerberusss Member
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    I do not want to exit the app that I'm currently running; so a widget on the homescreen isn't that useful.

A widget on the lockscreen, that could be interesting; how do I do that?

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    You either need a specific music player app that supports a lockscreen widget, like mixzing, or a lockscreen app that allows you to put any widget on the lockscreen, like widgetlocker.

As for exiting the app, you dont need to exit it to get to the homescreen, just set it to background, go to homescreen to your controls, hold down the home button until task switcher appears then go back to your previous task and continue where you left off. Android has actual multitasking compared to iphone.

Another option I almost forgot is widgetsoid. It allows you to make toggles for almost anything, including music player, and you can put these toggles on the dropdown notifications menu.