• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (Port) Behold 2 1.6 ( No Twiz w/ Busybox & Rooted Kernel )

I am having trouble with Titanium Backup. The one time I did get it running, it shut down after restoring about a third of my apps and data. Since then, I can't get it to open at all. I have tried to update busy box, but everytime it downloads it gets stuck on 99%.
Any suggestions?

First Mistake was trying to install any other Busybox than the One I put into the system...

Regarding other things you might Do, Read a Few Posts up regarding Root issue's..

Upvote 0
SU / Root Problem's..
First Reboot the Phone to see if that Fixes it.. Su via ADB does not appear to work, But it Fully does due to the Kernel having Full Read / Write permission.. If you still Can't get Root working, Run these Command from Command Prompt

Ran these commands, and it it Titanium is working perfectly. Thanks for all of your help and hard work.

Upvote 0
Sorry to be a pain in the @ss but still not working. I will let your check this out more carefully in the next update (unless you have any other suggestions)

Not real sure.. Mine is working fine, but I know this don't help you with your issue... Might try a reset after an install... or if running A2SD

adb shell
cd /system/sd/dalvik-cache
rm -r *

Then do a Facorty reset.

Upvote 0
lovin it BH_MAN. only issue for me is the battery life. but like you said it might just be bad batteries. even in R8 my battery life wasnt that great but now its worse. still way better than nothing. thank you for all your hard work, its much appreciated

I feel the same way, the only problem I have is the battery, the only time my battery lasted like 3 days was after the OTA bug fix update!

As someone has mentioned before, the way to tell if your phone is sleeping is press the end key after your phone is off for a little while, and if the screen doesnt come on then its in sleep mode, but for me it turns back on???
@BH_MAN can you confirm this??

Upvote 0
the only thing I can think of is that going from the .27 kernel to the .29 kernel might be affecting the battery life, because when i was on the older kernel my battery was awesome!

The kernel can Cause this yes... Pending what Modules they built into the Kernel & being we doing have Source for this Kernel it's hard to say...

Upvote 0
I think I found a why the Maps fail:

I modified the Build.prop to reflect the SDK=7 and installed the new YouTube.apk app and from there one I see that Maps FC. Now this did not happen in R8, but thought that the info might help.

Any way this can be fixed to have both, Maps and YouTube? maybe an updated Maps app?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help and I am sure i am going to get called names for this but; It did not work for me. I took out the SD card and it booted right in. I ran the adb commands

1. Info on Apps to SD (a2sd)

• Before changing Roms while using Apps to SD use the following command and then power down:
  • adb shell
    cd /system/sd/app-private
    rm -r *
I never could get the * command to work but all other commands worked. My phone still does not boot with the SD card in. Can I restore back to stock and start over?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help and I am sure i am going to get called names for this but; It did not work for me. I took out the SD card and it booted right in. I ran the adb commands

1. Info on Apps to SD (a2sd)

• Before changing Roms while using Apps to SD use the following command and then power down:
  • adb shell
    cd /system/sd/app-private
    rm -r *
I never could get the * command to work but all other commands worked. My phone still does not boot with the SD card in. Can I restore back to stock and start over?

Also do
add shell
cd /system/sd/dalvik-cache
rm -r *
reboot

Before installing the ODIN as well..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones