• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {PORT} Behold 2 Stock ( No Twiz w/ Root & Busybox )

Pulled the battery, and whenever I put it back in, it goes back to the downloading screen, except with only a partial screen, the rest being white. :thinking:
Try to put your phone in recovery mode, then restore it, and do Odin again.
Hard reset: hold volume down button + call button+ end button => press home button=> press menu button.
P/s:

Upvote 0
spiz, you're having the exact same problem I had ... does it go to that funky blue/white screen with download on it?

It took me 3 computers to finally get it to work but the end result was that I had a buggy data cable. If it gets held up @ kernel, it's a good indication that your data cable is faulty. i bought an after market cable at Fry's for $14.99 because TMO no longer carries just the cable anymore.

A few tips in the interim if you decide to go another route. Make sure the adb.exe process is killed in your task manager before you run ODIN. Put your phone into download mode but don't connect it yet. Reboot your computer, run Odin, add OPS and PDA then connect your phone. Make sure you have a tight connection between phone and computer.

Best of luck

BTW - I thought I had bricked my phone as well and I sent it back to Samsung but it was fine.

AS LONG AS YOU SEE IT CHARGING WHEN YOU PLUG IT IN, your phone is fine

Reactions: Mastermind278
Upvote 0
spiz, you're having the exact same problem I had ... does it go to that funky blue/white screen with download on it?

It took me 3 computers to finally get it to work but the end result was that I had a buggy data cable. If it gets held up @ kernel, it's a good indication that your data cable is faulty. i bought an after market cable at Fry's for $14.99 because TMO no longer carries just the cable anymore.

A few tips in the interim if you decide to go another route. Make sure the adb.exe process is killed in your task manager before you run ODIN. Put your phone into download mode but don't connect it yet. Reboot your computer, run Odin, add OPS and PDA then connect your phone. Make sure you have a tight connection between phone and computer.

Best of luck

BTW - I thought I had bricked my phone as well and I sent it back to Samsung but it was fine.

AS LONG AS YOU SEE IT CHARGING WHEN YOU PLUG IT IN, your phone is fine

Yep.. that same screen. I'll try my wife's cable as she has the same phone. I'll let you know how it goes. Question though... how did you get out of that screen? Just by plugging the new cable in and trying to get the charge logo?

Upvote 0
Hello everybody,

I am very anxious to get BH_Man's ROM on my phone. Currently, I'm stuck with the stock TouchWiz, because when I connect my phone to my computer, ADB doesn't recognize any device as being connected. I have the correct drivers installed, and the path is correct, as I installed Kam187's Galaxy ROM before I ODIN'ed back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Murf

I had to restart my computer and select start from scratch to get it to recognize it one time.

Upvote 0
Yep.. that same screen. I'll try my wife's cable as she has the same phone. I'll let you know how it goes. Question though... how did you get out of that screen? Just by plugging the new cable in and trying to get the charge logo?

I took the battery out, charged my phone till it was 100%, then pressed volume down 1st, then ok (middle button) and last power end button all at the same time ... it should take you to download mode.

The 1st time I saw that blue/white screen I panicked and shipped it off to Samsung within 30 mins ... I wish I had waited LOL

Upvote 0
Yeah it's just going back to that Downloading screen with everything I try. Different computers, different cables, hard reset attempts. Nothing is working.

EDIT: Let me rephrase... it's just booting straight to that messed up downloading screen with everything I try. Even plugging the cable in immediately takes me to that screen and I can't do anything from there.

Upvote 0
Same screen when plugged into the wall. Can't even see the charging logo.

I bought the phone 7 days ago, and the manager at TMo said he'd give me more than 14 days to decide if I want to keep it. I was having the random reboot problems before I decided to root/rom. So he said just bring it back if it continues having problems and they'd exchange in store for me.

Think they'd take this back?

Upvote 0
Same screen when plugged into the wall. Can't even see the charging logo.

I bought the phone 7 days ago, and the manager at TMo said he'd give me more than 14 days to decide if I want to keep it. I was having the random reboot problems before I decided to root/rom. So he said just bring it back if it continues having problems and they'd exchange in store for me.

Think they'd take this back?

So far as I know, within 14 days you can take it back for any reason. Granted, you were modding it, but what they don't know...

Upvote 0
Got it on my phone--wow is it smooth! Nice job, BH_Man! And now, for something completely different: Before I did this, I backed up all the information and applications I wanted to keep to my computer's desktop and then reformatted my memory card. The problem: My phone has no keyboard. I downloaded the "Astro_File_Manager.apk" and transferred it to my phone, with the hopes I could use one of the keyboards I had backed up, but I get the message "No applications can perform this action" when I click on the apk.

Thanks again for your help,

Murf

Upvote 0
Got it on my phone--wow is it smooth! Nice job, BH_Man! And now, for something completely different: Before I did this, I backed up all the information and applications I wanted to keep to my computer's desktop and then reformatted my memory card. The problem: My phone has no keyboard. I downloaded the "Astro_File_Manager.apk" and transferred it to my phone, with the hopes I could use one of the keyboards I had backed up, but I get the message "No applications can perform this action" when I click on the apk.

Thanks again for your help,

Murf

Reinstall Astro from the market then you will be able to use It to restore the rest of your apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones