• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (Port) Behold II Factory 1.6

Can anyone that is still Running Stock Behold 2 No Twiz Pull the TwLauncher.apk & the Launcher.apk Out of 1.5 Stock Behold 2?

Once I get those 2 File's I can Get the No Twiz 1.6 into a ODIN image for everyone...
Thanks
~BH_MAN

Whoops! Wrong Thread!

BH_MAN hop in IRC chat. I can put it on my phone if you need me to. My only concern is going back to 1.5 from 1.6 and what that entails. Is it just a matter of flashing the ODIN image?

EDIT: It looks like bluey123 has what you need. He's in IRC.

Upvote 0
hey BH_MAN, how identical to your {PORT} Behold 2 Stock ( No Twiz w/ Root & Busybox ) ( BH-MAN-ODIN.tar.zip) is this going to be? I really like that build (particularly the rotating home screen and 7 screens to play with). is there a way to update that build to 1.6 or is that what you've already done? just wanna say again that you are freakin awesome! thanks for all your help.

Upvote 0
have been trying to install this to my phone, but when I do step 7 phone shows download function mode Odin keeps saying please connect phones.
phone has not been rooted is completely stock

Quote:
1. Unzip the zip file.
2. Open Up ODIN Multi Downloader
3. Click the OPS button and choose Behold2_partition.ops
4. Click the PDA button and choose the md5 file, You will get error message" invalid image...," but ignore it.
5. Turn off Phone.
6. Plug phone into USB.
7. Put phone in download mode (Vol Down + OK + END Button)
8. Wait till detected and press START.
9. Enjoy the Port.

Upvote 0
have been trying to install this to my phone, but when I do step 7 phone shows download function mode Odin keeps saying please connect phones.

Quote:
1. Unzip the zip file.
4. Click the PDA button and choose the md5 file, You will get error message" invalid image...," but ignore it.
5. Turn off Phone.
6. Plug phone into USB.
9. Enjoy the Port.

not trying to be a prick but there are threads addressing your problem, please search. guys we have got to try to keep this thread clean for bug reporting only about the ROM out of respect for BH_MAN. these are not issues with the rom...they are issues with installing it...big difference. so lets keep it relevant thanx:)

Upvote 0

Quote:
1. Unzip the zip file.
5. Turn off Phone.
6. Plug phone into USB.
9. Enjoy the Port.

did u let it install all drivers yet?

Upvote 0
Neither. It's been ported thanks to BH_MAN on these forums.
I hope this is true but swype being the default keyboard (T-Mobile made this standard for all Android phones) and the inclusion of all the twiz apps which would take a lot of time to port to 1.6 is making me think this is an official release (also with BH_MAN staying mum doesn't help). I hope 2.1 can get ported because I really don't think we are going to get 2.1 especially since Galaxy S is getting 2.1 with all new advanced twiz. Samsung is not going to give us new features for free and they probably wont spend the time porting old features to the new OS that they already have finished with other software. This depresses me (well it's a phone so not that much depression)

Upvote 0
Okay Guys, It's Time For true TouchWiz 1.6.. This is Full Factory with Bloatware still installed...

Rom Feature's
Camera Fix Download
Camer_16_Fix.zip Unzip First!
- Factory Behold 2 1.6
- Bloatware
- Installed Busybox
- Rooted Kernel
- Long Battery Life.
- 1.6 Market
- Voice Search
- TouchWiz Launcher
- With A2SD Wipe /system/sd/app-private if you have any
- * It Factory *

Download ODIN here > BH2-16.zip

Credits to Mark TWain
how does the a2sd work? I have installed the Factory Behold 2 1.6 rom.

Upvote 0
BH_MAN is there a fix I can do for the voice search fc's? Would replacing the apk with another version help? I want to continue to use this rom rather than the no twiz and this is the only issue I'm having everything else has been great including battery life! I appreciate your help.

I've yet to find the Solution for this, sorry..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones