• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (Port) Behold II Factory 1.6

It's Factory, So everyone will have a Restore Point..
I gave you Root, remove what you don't want from the Build...

I'll be Making Edit's to the Rom, but wanted to get a Factory build out first is why :D

Restore point? you mean if i load this on my phone i will still get otas from tmobile. thats if they send one out anyway?

so this is the new stock rom? man i miss NBH files that i could keep on my sdcard to return to stock on the fly when i get wind of an ota coming. :(

Upvote 0
Restore point? you mean if i load this on my phone i will still get otas from tmobile. thats if they send one out anyway?

so this is the new stock rom? man i miss NBH files that i could keep on my sdcard to return to stock on the fly when i get wind of an ota coming. :(

Device management is definitely in this build, so I would assume that you could get the OTA update. Unless TMO checks the version to make sure you are at their latest release.

For the last OTA, I had ODIN'ed back to the original and did receive the update. But I have a feeling that once a system dump of any future updates is released, a custom ROM is not far behind.

Upvote 0
This is a Factory build that I added A2SD / Rooted Kernel.....

I'm not making any Changes to this rom, as it Just what the Title say..
All the Bug & what not will stay the way it is, so if there is update's that get released.. We can get them...

The only bug's I'd be willing to Fix, if it renders the Phone not usable for everyday use.

Upvote 0
I haven't seen this bug reported on this thread so maybe its just my phone. But whenever I try to use the Dialer while on the phone (ex. pressing 7 to delete voicemails) The phone lags, asks if I want to force close or wait...but no matter what I press, it freezes up, and I have to take out the battery and put it back in. It happened 3 times in a row. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
I suspect that some of application bugs are a result of the root etc and thats why i wanted to see if there was a virgin 1.6 for bh2. Still an awesome job by Bh_man.

Root won't effect any apps for the worse. My guess is that Samsung dropped fixing bugs in this ROM when 2.1 was released or maybe when they began to develop Touchwiz 3.

Upvote 0
Okay Guys, It's Time For true TouchWiz 1.6.. This is Full Factory with Bloatware still installed...

Rom Feature's
Camera Fix Download
Camer_16_Fix.zip Unzip First!
- Factory Behold 2 1.6
- Bloatware
- Installed Busybox
- Rooted Kernel
- Long Battery Life.
- 1.6 Market
- Voice Search
- TouchWiz Launcher
- With A2SD Wipe /system/sd/app-private if you have any
- * It Factory *

Download ODIN here > BH2-16.zip

Credits to Mark TWain

I'm having trouble accessing the camera fix download file. I can get to 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download Camer_16_Fix.zip but the file doesn't seem to be there. Can someone confirm?

Upvote 0
I haven't seen this bug reported on this thread so maybe its just my phone. But whenever I try to use the Dialer while on the phone (ex. pressing 7 to delete voicemails) The phone lags, asks if I want to force close or wait...but no matter what I press, it freezes up, and I have to take out the battery and put it back in. It happened 3 times in a row. Any thoughts?

Now all sorts of apps and services FC when I get a second call while I'm on the phone. and It freezes when i get off the phone for about 20 seconds.

Upvote 0
So I've been having the same crappy battery life with this ROM as 1.5, so I did some digging. I ran adb logcat (its kind of like reading the matrix!) & noticed that there was a warning/error stating that /data/misc/keystore might not be there. Well it was, so i changed the permissions to 777 and now my log seems to have slowed down while in "sleep" and no more warnings. I'm going to drain the battery overnight, and see if that change helped.

Upvote 0
Why won't the apps that require root not detect that the Factory behold 2 1.6 is rooted?

Did you get the prompt to allow Superuser access?

If not, make sure USB debugging is on. If it was uncheck it, recheck it, then reboot your phone. If this doesn't work, start an adb shell and type su, you should then start on a new line with a #. Just then type exit, hit enter, then type reboot to reboot your phone. Now when you load the app you should get the SU request and choose always allow and the app should work. At least this works for me when an app doesn't request SU.

Upvote 0
Did you get the prompt to allow Superuser access?

If not, make sure USB debugging is on. If it was uncheck it, recheck it, then reboot your phone. If this doesn't work, start an adb shell and type su, you should then start on a new line with a #. Just then type exit, hit enter, then type reboot to reboot your phone. Now when you load the app you should get the SU request and choose always allow and the app should work. At least this works for me when an app doesn't request SU.

No, I did not get the prompt to allow Superuser access. I will have to try the adb shell thing when I get home. I do have superuser when I do adb shell

Thanks,
Babaz

Upvote 0
Also,

I have purchased a couple of applications from the market when I was on 1.5 on the behold 2.

I can no longer find them in the market when I search with the behold 2 1.6 factory rom. If I search using a G1 with 1.6 on it, I can find the applications. If anyone using this ROM, could try searching for Klaxon and Raging Thunder 2, let me know if you can find them in the Market.

Thanks,
Babaz

Upvote 0
Also,

I have purchased a couple of applications from the market when I was on 1.5 on the behold 2.

I can no longer find them in the market when I search with the behold 2 1.6 factory rom. If I search using a G1 with 1.6 on it, I can find the applications. If anyone using this ROM, could try searching for Klaxon and Raging Thunder 2, let me know if you can find them in the Market.

Thanks,
Babaz

only the free versions are coming up in the market here

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones