• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ( Port ) Galaxy 1.6 on the Behold 2 Final

by when should we expect r12 bh_man?

i may be wrong, but take5 (no twiz) and r11 (galaxy) were going to be the last ROMs BH_MAN was going to do for the 1.6 era of this phone. i believe he is either going to wait until he can get some dev's for 2.1 to start working on that, or he is going to wait entirely until 2.1 is released to continue from there.

Upvote 0
It took me a while to get my phone to flash (for some reason, the samsung usb drivers and/or Odin do not like Windows 7 64bit), but, I'm finally running on r11 and LOVE it. I think I've finally found the last ROM that I'll flash until BH_MAN gets 2.1 up and running.

A request. Could people please link in here known good MetaMorph Themes that work on this ROM? I've tried a few now and they don't seem to work.

Upvote 0
i may be wrong, but take5 (no twiz) and r11 (galaxy) were going to be the last ROMs BH_MAN was going to do for the 1.6 era of this phone. i believe he is either going to wait until he can get some dev's for 2.1 to start working on that, or he is going to wait entirely until 2.1 is released to continue from there.

Try reading in on his new forum.

We should have a new upgraded 1.6 w/ twiz and r12 by week's end.

Upvote 0
I've been running R11 for a day now and have enjoyed every minute of it. After a few bumps and stuff, it's settled and most is good.... except for Messaging. I am consistantly, every time I load it, having Messaging (com.android.mms) FC on me. I am unable to send or recieve anything through Messaging. I went back through the thread here as I thought there was a fixed apk that I could push over, but, I can't seem to find it. It may have been a different ROM entirely.

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
I've been running R11 for a day now and have enjoyed every minute of it. After a few bumps and stuff, it's settled and most is good.... except for Messaging. I am consistantly, every time I load it, having Messaging (com.android.mms) FC on me. I am unable to send or recieve anything through Messaging. I went back through the thread here as I thought there was a fixed apk that I could push over, but, I can't seem to find it. It may have been a different ROM entirely.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried installing Handcent SMS to see if the problem persists? Not that you would want to use that app long term, I'm just thinking of a way to rule certain things out. If it works, then you know something's up with the stock mms APK. Well, that's how I look at it at least.

Upvote 0
Have you tried installing Handcent SMS to see if the problem persists? Not that you would want to use that app long term, I'm just thinking of a way to rule certain things out. If it works, then you know something's up with the stock mms APK. Well, that's how I look at it at least.

I just tried that. It's FCing as well. Messaging worked fine when I was running Warheads. Overall, I prefer R11, but, I might switch back to get sms running again.

Upvote 0
I have been running this ROM for over 1 week now. I LOVE the speed and it seems pretty reliable!

I have followed all the recommendations on this thread including the full discharge and charge while off. I still only get about 5 hours on a charge.

This is with WIFI off, 2G and NO running apps.

I am running Ggmail with my google apps account, however this has not been a problem in the past.

Everything else is great, just horrible battery life.

Anyone else experiencing this with this Rom/Kernel?

Upvote 0
I have been running this ROM for over 1 week now. I LOVE the speed and it seems pretty reliable!

I have followed all the recommendations on this thread including the full discharge and charge while off. I still only get about 5 hours on a charge.

This is with WIFI off, 2G and NO running apps.

I am running Ggmail with my google apps account, however this has not been a problem in the past.

Everything else is great, just horrible battery life.

Anyone else experiencing this with this Rom/Kernel?

Have you checked and see if your phone is sleeping properly? After you "lock" it, wait 5 minutes and make sure only the "END", "CUBE" and "LOCK" buttons wake up your phone. Also, after a "Full" charge, turn your phone on and "Push" Eugene 373's BATTERYSTATS.BIN file and then reboot. That helped my battery life a lot. Make long story short, I was getting 8 hours of heavy use and now getting 30 hours of heavy use. Good luck.

NOTE: rename attached file extension back to .bin

command: adb push (location of file)batterystats.bin /data/system
example: adb push c:\users\owner\desktop\batterystats.bin /data/system

assuming the file is located in your desktop and you're logged in as "owner"

Attachments

• batterystats.zip
    20.7 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0
Have you checked and see if your phone is sleeping properly? After you "lock" it, wait 5 minutes and make sure only the "END", "CUBE" and "LOCK" buttons wake up your phone. Also, after a "Full" charge, turn your phone on and "Push" Eugene 373's BATTERYSTATS.BIN file and then reboot. That helped my battery life a lot. Make long story short, I was getting 8 hours of heavy use and now getting 30 hours of heavy use. Good luck.

sorry i didnt understand completetely . anyways my behold 2 semms like it doesnt sleep after 5mins what do i do ? do i do batterystats.in cause im also having probs with the baterry still . i dont get 20hrs. and did u mean turn off or turn on ? i want to be sure just to know its not a typo. just asking.

also do i have to move the file on the memory card under mass storeage cause i dont do that adb stuff or get it . any hep is apreciated

Upvote 0

by reboot do u mean reboot manualy or type something in on the commad prom[t

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones