1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

PORT: Miui V5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Curtis1973, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Android Expert

removed​

#1 Curtis1973, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #78 by Curtis1973, Feb 6, 2016 (3 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. SykkNyzz

SykkNyzz Android Enthusiast

Dang man... You are on a roll!

4. Curtis1973

Actually Tom is on this one.

mjhealy1978 and SykkNyzz like this.
  5. SykkNyzz

Just sticks there... Can't even skip :(

Attached Files:

6. SykkNyzz

Maybe it only happens on boost?

7. Curtis1973

Takes a minute on mine. Otherwise loads up after sim failure screen. have a fix for it coming over night.

8. Curtis1973

And be sure you've flashed your apn fix.

9. Curtis1973

For now,copy provision apk from cm11 app folder to app folder of this rom. Then reinstall the rom. Not complete fix but you won't encounter the provision of sim at all.

SykkNyzz likes this.
  10. Curtis1973

I still need to add two lines to build.prop but the app should still get you going.

11. SykkNyzz

Worked perfectly! But I will flash it again tonight. Gotta get Titanium Backup first.

Curtis1973 likes this.
  12. SykkNyzz

Pretty darn stable homie

13. mjhealy1978

mjhealy1978 Android Enthusiast

I'm having issues getting mobile data working. Anyone else having mobile data issues?

14. che_edgar

che_edgar Well-Known Member

QUOTE="mjhealy1978, post: 7208882, member: 1429517"]I'm having issues getting mobile data working. Anyone else having mobile data issues?[/QUOTE]

The only issue I've encountered is the Sim not being recognized by Miui other than that my data still works as I tried downloading an app and worked. Btw I flashed the universal vmu fix.

@Curtis1973 do we need to flash an aosp mms fix? Loving it btw. This ones a keeper thanks guys.

Curtis1973 likes this.
  15. mjhealy1978

mjhealy1978 Android Enthusiast

The only issue I've encountered is the Sim not being recognized by Miui other than that my data still works as I tried downloading an app and worked. Btw I flashed the universal vmu fix.

@Curtis1973 do we need to flash an aosp mms fix? Loving it btw. This ones a keeper thanks guys.[/QUOTE]
    Yes flashing the Virgin Mobile APN Fix was the 2nd thing I flashed, after flashing the ROM first!

16. Curtis1973

Regular mms will work fine as long as you flash the apn fix for your carrier.

SykkNyzz likes this.
  17. SykkNyzz

BTW if anyone wants to use adaway, copy it to the /data/app Folder in root and reboot

Curtis1973 likes this.
  18. Curtis1973

I use adaway on all my roms....just long enough to apply the hosts file that is. after that i uninstall it until i feel the need to update the hosts. great app and easy to use.

SykkNyzz likes this.
  19. SykkNyzz

another tip: go to build.prop and remove qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 or change value to 1. Then reboot to recovery, wipe dalvik and cache. Then reboot. Then boom! Soft navigation keys are gone. Still lost on menu button working from hardware

20. SykkNyzz

Here

Attached Files:

21. che_edgar

Can you all make an update with this new things you guys have gathered? @SykkNyzz @Curtis1973

22. SykkNyzz

Well the menu button is not working when that code is removed. Funny thing though... Upon using epsxe, the menu button pops up as this F9 key... Weird

23. SykkNyzz

Pops up as this when I set they key to menu button.

Attached Files:

24. che_edgar

Seems weird, does it make the menu key work?

25. Curtis1973

Might be late in to the upcoming week but I can see whats up with the key mapping and remove the onscreen navbar.

26. Curtis1973

27. Curtis1973

Did not debug toms most recent port so everyone put it through the paces to see whats funky. I don't use miui. I think its Chinese spy/bloatware my self. So I will not be debugging or contributing to it in any way from this point forward. After looking through this rom and decompiling many of its apps,most if not all of it monitors what you do in every way. The system is designed to break if you attempt to fully debloat it. My turning point was after full install of super user the system still operates its own built in "security" settings over apps. Its not a separate app...its built in to the framework and system/settings system. You can not get rid of it. King Soft crap and other adware contributors are sprinkled throughout the system in a way that they are fully incorporated in to the system and it breaks many things if you try to remove them. I wont be uploading toms latest build and thought seriously about asking mods to delete this whole thread. If I knew they would I would request it. If anyone wants this rom. Get it while you can because I am done with it. I never used miui over the years. Only in passing did an install and thought it cutesy crap and deleted. Never really paid much attention to how it was built nor what I see as its intentions now. I personally do not like when everything I do in every way is fully tracked by unknown entities. Over all its a beautiful design. It really is. And has changed a lot from its cutesy origins. But there is a very bad drawback to using this. That at least for me is really not worth it.

#78 Curtis1973, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    JoshD, gronhog, che_edgar and 3 others like this.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews