• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root PORT: Miui V5

Did not debug toms most recent port so everyone put it through the paces to see whats funky. I don't use miui. I think its Chinese spy/bloatware my self. So I will not be debugging or contributing to it in any way from this point forward. After looking through this rom and decompiling many of its apps,most if not all of it monitors what you do in every way. The system is designed to break if you attempt to fully debloat it. My turning point was after full install of super user the system still operates its own built in "security" settings over apps. Its not a separate app...its built in to the framework and system/settings system. You can not get rid of it. King Soft crap and other adware contributors are sprinkled throughout the system in a way that they are fully incorporated in to the system and it breaks many things if you try to remove them. I wont be uploading toms latest build and thought seriously about asking mods to delete this whole thread. If I knew they would I would request it. If anyone wants this rom. Get it while you can because I am done with it. I never used miui over the years. Only in passing did an install and thought it cutesy crap and deleted. Never really paid much attention to how it was built nor what I see as its intentions now. I personally do not like when everything I do in every way is fully tracked by unknown entities. Over all its a beautiful design. It really is. And has changed a lot from its cutesy origins. But there is a very bad drawback to using this. That at least for me is really not worth it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
He still has it under his android hosting... But not link with this thread FYI (at least last time I checked

Miui is still on my host. Just did not want it up here. To me it's Chinese Spyware and malware at best. But with that said if others still want it just access the root of my file hosting to find the link.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones