1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Port mms.apk

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HaTrEd360, Dec 25, 2012.

1. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Android Expert

Is there anyway I can port the black and blue mms.apk from the ICS Elite rom to an Optimus Slider running Gelato 11/28 ICS Theme? I just wanna find a way to either port the black and blue mms.apk or theme the one on the Slider to look like that. My gf keeps bugging.me about it :p

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sneaky_1

sneaky_1 Android Enthusiast

You might be able to copy over the drawable and/or the drawable-mdpi folders to the slider's MMS.apk. Just make the original .bak in the /system folder, so you can restore if needed.

Or you can play around with the incoming and outgoing background .png's (in the drawable-mdpi folder of the apk) to change them up.

Not sure if any of this will work. I was able to get some of it to work playing around with the Elite MMS apk.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1795451
    There is another nice thread over at xda about modding the MMS, but I can't find it anymore.

3. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Android Expert

I will do that. What programs should I use to open the .apk and how do I copy over the folders?

4. sneaky_1

sneaky_1 Android Enthusiast

You can use winrar or 7zip to open the apk's. You might have to extract the donor apk and copy and paste the file/s into the other apk. It will overwrite the folder when you paste it into the unopened slider apk. Try just the drawable-mdpi folder first.

5. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Android Expert

Thank you so much :] I'll give it a try later lol

6. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Android Expert

Hmm that was a no go. Didn't work. Dx Anything else I can do? I'm gonna ask Ktb.

LG Optimus Elite Forum

The LG Optimus Elite release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews