1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Port/Reset??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vanack, Dec 8, 2013.

1. vanack

vanack Member

Not sure if this belongs here but here's my question.

I will be porting my number from Verizon to ST from my GNex to my Nexus 5. Should I reset/wipe my GNex before or after porting. I am planning to put it on Ebay so any relevant tips would be welcome

As always thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

The device's state shouldn't affect them from being able to port the number, although I'll admit I've never had it done before.

I would definitely do a factory reset before you sell it though.

vanack likes this.
  3. vanack

vanack Member

Thanks..I am going to factory reset for sure before selling but was not sure of the order either before or after porting..Also should I sell with or without the SIM?

4. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

I would actually flash the factory image if you're running a custom rom to take it back to complete stock and then relock the bootloader. As for the sim, cut and discard it and sell the device without it.

vanack likes this.
  5. vanack

vanack Member

Phone is stock so a factory reset should suffice I think..thanks for advice on the sim!

6. rhray

rhray Well-Known Member

I've done this a few times now. Porting your number is a carrier deal, not hardware related however I would wait to wipe your device until you are 100% functional on the new phone. Only reason I say this is there is a point in the middle of the switch where you will get calls and texts to your Gnex even after you've called and activated your new device and started the number port. It should be a brief window but for the sake of continuous service, keep that in mind.

After you're fully up on the N5, do the factory reset and then sell the old phone

vanack and Rxpert83 like this.

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews