• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root PORT : Saber Pac Rom 4.4.4 LG L90

I've been using GPS Status Test & Fix to correct and acquire GPS lock. It's free & AD free.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cochibo.gpsstatus
You just enable location in settings, open the app and let it run. Let it acquire some satellites before exiting (example: 12(19)satellites, not 0(19)). Reboot to recovery and flash your rom. You should have GPS working. If not, flash stock or v6 final (Curtis's). Use the app get lock, then reboot and flash away.

I didn't try to see if this could acquire GPS on a rom where GPS wasn't working. If someone would like to try.:p

Upvote 0
The only quirk that I've noticed so far is that it sometimes takes a while to come out of sleep when it's charging. When hitting the power button, it'll stay completely unresponsive for 10 seconds or so. Pretty much a non-issue, but I thought I'd mention it. Overall, PAC's speed and performance has been really solid.
Could be settings for the kernel. Do you have Kernel Ardiutor or similar installed?

Upvote 0
I'm still plugging away at sdcard support like we have it on stock rom. in storage_list.XML you CAN disable internal storage in favor of external....but it doesn't write to external actually. it writes to internal anyway. trying to rewrite a few things pointing installs to external but not finding everything. trying to trick the system into thinking external is internal.

Reactions: HasH_BrowN
Upvote 0
native sdcard move support might not happen. looks as though the meatheads at cyanogen changed things to prevent write access above what was already there. seriously need development teams that are completely nob reliant on any cyanogen development. killing SD card use for apps is a pissy move in my opinion
There are a couple of Xposed modules that might work. I'm using Xinstaller (very involved and potentially dangerous options, NOT for the weak). I haven't tried the others. But if one of the modules does exactly what you want, then it can be decompiled (get the portion of code needed) to be made into a permanent fix.

Upvote 0
about to try this rewrite in framework res. hopefully the system will mount up this way. if it does,it will effectively bypass the hard coded blocks

Untitled-1.jpg

Reactions: HasH_BrowN
Upvote 0
If they messed (patched) everything like this in Kitkat, imagine how fuq'd Marshmallow is!!

all android is patched up garbage at this point. left over crap from previous versions litters all of it. decompile framework res and marvel at the ancient lockscreen control system left over from gingerbread...

Upvote 0
all android is patched up garbage at this point. left over crap from previous versions litters all of it. decompile framework res and marvel at the ancient lockscreen control system left over from gingerbread...
I tried looking at the CM13 for LG G2 mini and the .DAT files are a nightmare IMO same happened for some of the earlier builds of AOSP/CM style 5.0.2 and 5.1.1

Reactions: Curtis1973
Upvote 0
I see Google was nice and restored some sdcard support in L and probably M. problem is,this should be a toggle option. turn off app installs to sdcard for the tin foil hat crowd afraid of everything... or turn on for the rest of us. if it makes Google feel better they can throw in a disclaimer pop up upon toggling of full external use that they are not responsible for any potential harm it may cause. truth is though,it was removed for dollars...not security. the public backlash was enormous so they back tracked some.

Reactions: SykkNyzz
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
sorry but that's a complete bullshit way to use sdcard. more of Google thwarting true sdcard use by making it have a downside...never was a downside before...why now? its all about the dollar. deals made by device manufacturers and Google. Google even prohibits any manufacturer who does want to use sdcards from making a nexus device at some point. punishes them.
We need to make a podcast with you being the main man.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Or what differences will I see. Does one charge faster than the other, or does one allow SD card transfers, stuff like that. Given a chance to start fresh, which one should a new user use?
Without restoring an old backup, I can't give too detailed of an answer, but my general feeling is that they're both pretty comparable, in terms of features and performance. I'd say the Saber ROM is probably a bit more smooth and stable. I'm pretty sure both require an Xposed module to fully enable writing to SD. If you're referring to the ability to move apps to SD, I can't comment, since I don't keep nearly enough apps to have ever needed to try that. I have it in my head that the ROM you linked may charge faster, but I may be mistaken. Overall, I'd say that Saber is an excellent ROM to start over with. The SlimKat Remix is also very good.

Upvote 0
Ok Im confused now. I have this ROMSaber Pac Rom 4.4.4 LG L90 installed and runs fine. How does it compare to this older one Remixed http://androidforums.com/threads/unofficial-caf-4-4-4-pac-rom-dt2w-and-cm12-1-kernel.922439/ ? I mean are they exactly the same now? Or what differences will I see. Does one charge faster than the other, or does one allow SD card transfers, stuff like that. Given a chance to start fresh, which one should a new user use?
That link is to an unfinished version. The one I remixed fixed a few issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones