• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I'm new with all this so this might be a stupid question, but does this ROM and kernel allow overclocking and if so any figures on this? ? Another question, what are the benefits of this ROM over the stock one (gingerbread 2.3.6)?

This ROM/kernel does not allow for overclocking. This ROM features a smoother interface, better "home screen" and less use of RAM. I recommend it.

Upvote 0
You're using ROM manager, do it with CWM.

Fjorn1-- thanks so much for taking time to respond. when i searched for Clockworkmod on Google Play, the program that I saw available was ROM Manager by Clockworkmod. Is there another app I'm not seeing? If so, could I trouble you to provide the exact name and/or link to the app?

Again, thanks so much for your time.

Upvote 0
Fjorn1-- thanks so much for taking time to respond. when i searched for Clockworkmod on Google Play, the program that I saw available was ROM Manager by Clockworkmod. Is there another app I'm not seeing? If so, could I trouble you to provide the exact name and/or link to the app?

Again, thanks so much for your time.

Lol dude you obviously need to do a lot more research. Don't be lazy. No one will help you when you're lazy.

A quick Google search of "cwm" will show the fifth result (and only one related to android) as http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile...-and-how-to-use-it-on-android-complete-guide/

Also just looking in this very forum you will find a thread titled "Clockwork Recovery 5.5.0.4"
http://androidforums.com/lucid-all-things-root/540001-clockwork-recovery-5-5-0-4-a.html

All the info is right there but you need to learn a little more about what a rom is and recovery.

In case you didn't know... you're phone also needs to be rooted and don't ask what that means. That question has been asked a billion times all ready and there are 74,758,828,403,928,485,038,593 tutorials out there and androids

Upvote 0
OK, did it! This is great. No more bloat. Thanks very much for your comments. The problem turned out to be that i was using the internal SD, not the external. i thought i had navigated to the external when i was placing the file, but that was the issue in the end.

last question-- now that the new ROM is on, it wants to update the firmware, which i obviously don't want. how do i prevent that prompt from occurring every five minutes as it's doing? i've tried googling that one but i can't find answers.

thanks!

Upvote 0
Just got the second beta. He tried removing setup wizard but ended up breaking usb connectivity lol. Plus we have to basically start over because of the new OTA update. As we speak I'm flashing back to stock, root, and pulling a new nandroid backup for him so he can rebuild the rom with new updates. I think we really should start a new thread for this with proper title lol

Figured I'd stop in and see if the second beta has improved at all? Any info is much appreciated, thanks ahead.

Upvote 0
Figured I'd stop in and see if the second beta has improved at all? Any info is much appreciated, thanks ahead.

Neither of us have had any time to work on this. I'm busy with my job hunt and he is busy with life. I haven't been bugging him about it though. I have a job offer on my table but it's not what I'm looking for but looks like I won't have a choice. Once I get set up and get my routine going, I plan to sit down with this phone and pull it apart in every way and customize the HELL out of it.

Upvote 0
Neither of us have had any time to work on this. I'm busy with my job hunt and he is busy with life. I haven't been bugging him about it though. I have a job offer on my table but it's not what I'm looking for but looks like I won't have a choice. Once I get set up and get my routine going, I plan to sit down with this phone and pull it apart in every way and customize the HELL out of it.

I hear you on the job hunt I'm in the same boat. I look forward to whenever development continues.

Upvote 0

Hey man good luck with that, I hope you get all settled and such, and I am really looking forward to that, I really wish I had the know how about android programming, but sadly I don't. I am running the Beta ROM which is the only development I've seen so far for this phone as far as ROMs go, and it's starting to be a little laggy and buggy now, randomly rebooting at times. I am excited to see how well this can be ported and I am also looking forward to an overclockable kernel. :) Thank you so much for the development.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones