• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Cm7 should be possible...i'm not a big fan of running cm7 but I love to build from source so no promises but i'll try...just begining to learn the phone. totally diff. hardware then the thrill im used to. I'm working on a kernel but having a few problems packing and it doesnt have the same files i'm used to for overclocking and voltage changes. I should be able to add init.d and some diff governors and i/o sched if nothing else...I took a look at this rom and appears very nice...tip of the hat to the dev. im going to put it on my son's phone shortly and test it out. wish me luck on the cm7 I will probible need it...lol

Just curious, any update? Thanks ahead.

Upvote 0
Just curious, who has the plague kernel on their lucid? I have the broken out beta but I'm not sure I want to attempt putting the plague or broken out kernel on here yet. I know someone made the plague kernel work.. Everytime I look on Antutu benchmark the top score for the vs840 is overclocked at 1674mhz and says its running broken out w/ plague kernel. Anybody here know how that was accomplished??? I've been looking for the answer for days and can't find anything, anywhere about it!:banghead:

Upvote 0
Man?, there really isn't any support for this phone. So sad. It has potential. Looks like I'm going back to the spectrum :/
does anyone have a system dump or CWM backup of the GB firmware? i can make a temp ROM w/ themes for everyone untill the ICS update gets full root..

sorry for posting duplicates but want to make sure people see this!!

Upvote 0
Just curious, who has the plague kernel on their lucid? I have the broken out beta but I'm not sure I want to attempt putting the plague or broken out kernel on here yet. I know someone made the plague kernel work.. Everytime I look on Antutu benchmark the top score for the vs840 is overclocked at 1674mhz and says its running broken out w/ plague kernel. Anybody here know how that was accomplished??? I've been looking for the answer for days and can't find anything, anywhere about it!:banghead:
Flash this Dev-Host - Plague_Connect.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service from your recovery,its the plague kernel,i have it on my lucid running the broken out beta,works fine for me,remember to reboot after install! If this helps please hit the thanks!

Upvote 0
I've been trolling threads for a while now looking for a stable ROM for the LG Lucid with no joy, There are root guides but no development, This is my kids phone and recent updates turned what looked to be (by the specs) a promising device for devs to play with. I have seen dozens of posters begging for a rom and even offering up donations so I propose anyone willing to give good donations so they can get a custom rom for there lucid tag on to this post and spread the word that if theres a Dev out there willing to build we will give up the bounty.

Thanks, Hopefully if all the Lucid owners get together on one thread we can get this going with some decent incentive.

Upvote 0
Work has all ready begun on this. Myself and the creator of that rom are hard at work and we all ready have a working beta. Currently he is working on the mods and we should have the next beta out in a few days.

http://db.tt/HlrRSivf

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this isn't safe to flash, simple because I flashed it, and my phone will not start now.. I have to manually read stock now.
But I'll check out some other links and see whats up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones