1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Portable Chargers?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by astrostrat89, May 21, 2010.

1. astrostrat89

astrostrat89 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I did search and read the other threads, but has anyone had experience with portable chargers with the Eris?

I am headed to Bonnaroo and I am sure I'll be using the phone a lot so I was looking at the smaller portable chargers that run off of AA batteries. Figuring I'll need a mid day charge so I want a smaller one to throw in my pack.

Advertisement

2. Scynthetic78

Scynthetic78 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    ND
    Wouldn't it be just as easy to carry a spare battery for your phone?

3. libraryclg

libraryclg Guest

It would be cheaper in the long run as well, especially if you add up buying AA batteries.

4. astrostrat89

astrostrat89 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Well, I have AA batteries out the wazoo and a charger with a standard usb port would charge all sorts of devices including my next phone.

After Bonnaroo I wouldn't use a spare Eris battery again. Also It's a 4 day event, I'd probably need more then two to get me though.

5. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've got an excellent idea. Buy a car battery, wire up a cigarette lighter outlet to it and use a normal car charger with your phone. Not incredibly portable or nice to look at, but it would work. The car battery should last for quite some time with only a charger taking power from it. :)

6. razorclose

razorclose Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Macon, Ga
    i have a portable energizer energi-to-go charger that works great, bad part is that it cost me like 50 bucks

7. Skeletronix

Skeletronix Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Philthadelphia
    This may not be much of a solution, but last year, my phone died after the 1st day and it was actually a good thing. Trying to meet up with people in bonaroo is a real mess. I had much more luck with walkie talkies. Plus, if you happen to get "confused" late night, and lose your belongings, better to be out 30$ than to lose your phone. I'm speaking from experience. I think I lost it in the silent disco. ;)