• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Portable Chargers?

astrostrat89

Jan 20, 2010
I did search and read the other threads, but has anyone had experience with portable chargers with the Eris?

I am headed to Bonnaroo and I am sure I'll be using the phone a lot so I was looking at the smaller portable chargers that run off of AA batteries. Figuring I'll need a mid day charge so I want a smaller one to throw in my pack.

It would be cheaper in the long run as well, especially if you add up buying AA batteries.

Well, I have AA batteries out the wazoo and a charger with a standard usb port would charge all sorts of devices including my next phone.

After Bonnaroo I wouldn't use a spare Eris battery again. Also It's a 4 day event, I'd probably need more then two to get me though.

Upvote 0
This may not be much of a solution, but last year, my phone died after the 1st day and it was actually a good thing. Trying to meet up with people in bonaroo is a real mess. I had much more luck with walkie talkies. Plus, if you happen to get "confused" late night, and lose your belongings, better to be out 30$ than to lose your phone. I'm speaking from experience. I think I lost it in the silent disco. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones