1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Portable / external chargers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ONE X Droid, Apr 14, 2012.

1. ONE X Droid

ONE X Droid Lurker

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tomo1971

Tomo1971 Well-Known Member

Never used them but thinking of one….. but I would be going for a branded (like energizer) model before that,

Steve

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Despite it being 1900mAh, I don't think you'll get a full charge out of that. Harry2 has a post somewhere explaining, I'll see if I can dig it out for you.

Your best bet would be to spend a bit extra and get something like this:

TeckNet

ScouseSandwich likes this.
  4. Sauske

Sauske Android Enthusiast

5. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

I think El Presidente meant a post of me about an example for an Anker portable battery pack and a Nexus phone :)

"There are some unknown things like the phone's stand-by power consuming ... but for a rough calculation you could use the factor 0.65 as degree of charging effecieny for the battery of a mobile charger.

So the Anker has 5600mAh x 0.65 = 3640mAh for calculating. The Nexus has 1850mAh, so 3640mAh / 1850mAh = 1.97

So the Anker would be able to charge your Nexus about two times from 0% to 100%.

But if you want only to charge from 20% to 100% you should calculate with 80% of the Nexus's capacity. So the calculation would be 3640mAh / 1480mAh = 2.46

So the Anker would be able to charge your Nexus about two and a half times from 20% to 100%.

Maybe this helps you to decide ..."

Harry

ScouseSandwich and El Presidente like this.
  6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

^^That's the one, cheers! :)

7. ONE X Droid

ONE X Droid Lurker

8. Paul_59

Paul_59 Newbie

9. ONE X Droid

ONE X Droid Lurker

I'm going to get the Technet one that looks like it'll do the job and will come in handy when we go to Ibiza in July. :)

10. JasonC

JasonC Android Enthusiast

I have a Mini Gorilla which is 9000mah and I could get about 4 charges out of it for my Desire, it works really well and can be combined with a solar charger if needed. - https://powertraveller.com/iwantsome/primatepower/

Edit: The powerMonkey Extreme seems to be the newest iteration of those charges, it looks smaller than the Mini Gorilla but has the same mah.

El Presidente likes this.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews