• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help portable hard drive connection

so i bought this hard drive Canvio® Basics 3.0 Portable External USB Hard Drives | Toshiba and i cant connect it to my galaxy tab 2! it says high powered hard drive connected when connected with the OTG. i specifically bought a HD without a power supply to hook up to my tablet. How do i go about getting this to work? Im scared to root cus i dont wanna ruin my tablet. i just wanna be able to put all my music on it since, for some reason, no sd card over 32gb will work.

well ive read a few posts that have said its possible but all steer towards rooting the tablet. I saw one that said something about using a powered usb source but i dont think this HD can do that. i thought about getting a large thumb drive but ive heard some people say that it doesnt work right either when you get into the larger sizes. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR this is quite upsetting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones