• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Portal Hangs at Samsung Logo after Updating

Hi All,

I recently updated my Portal from 1.5 to 2.1 using Odin and I570EXXJF2. Odin said the update passed but when I restarted my phone it hangs at the Samsung logo. The status bar fills up but it doesn't go beyond that. I have tried removing the batteries a few times but it hasn't helped.

I was going to try the update again but it is also no longer recognized by my PC. I reinstalled the drivers, and windows sees the device there but it doesn't know what to do with it.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to get this working?

*EDIT* To clarify, the PC doesn't recognize it, only when it is in service mode. It will see it fine when it is turned on normally.

After some trial and error of reinstalling drivers and plugging in the phone I finally got it recognized again. The problem seems to be start when Odin says rebooting. The progress bar on the phone gets about half way through and then the screen below appears. The only thing to do is unplug the battery and restart, but that is when it hangs on the load screen. Anyone know what I can do? I have tried reloading firmware three times now.
20100717imgp5371.jpg

Upvote 0
OK. Been there too my friend, and was certain I bricked the phone. However, I resolved the problem.

Follow this guide using the Flash I option. You need the Single file update to resolve your problem.

Follow the guide EXACTLY downloading all the files it tells you. Remember, your following the Flash 1 guide that uses only 2 files to update the phone.

Flashing your Spica to 2.1

Upvote 0
Thanks for the guide. I haven't tried it yet (i did manage to get a version of the 1.5 firmware installed again though). When I am feeling brave enough to try to get 2.1 on there again, I will definitely try the link above. Thanks again!

Any ideas why New PC Studio doesn't do the update? I thought Samsung was going to be offering 2.1.

**EDIT One other question, will the guide above still work if I am starting from 1.5 again?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the guide. I haven't tried it yet (i did manage to get a version of the 1.5 firmware installed again though). When I am feeling brave enough to try to get 2.1 on there again, I will definitely try the link above. Thanks again!

Any ideas why New PC Studio doesn't do the update? I thought Samsung was going to be offering 2.1.

**EDIT One other question, will the guide above still work if I am starting from 1.5 again?
I wouldn't use this guide to install the 2.1 update. While the guide is fine, it uses older firmwares. Only use the above guide it your stuck at bootup. ie the image you posted.

See my guide on Rooting your phone for the latest files.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones