• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ported new gallery but still have old one too

ACo

Lurker
Feb 5, 2010
Sorry all if this question has been asked before.

I just ported the 2.1 gallery over to my moto droid (which is awesome btw). But now it shows that I have 2 galleries installed when i open my launcher :thinking:. I just cant figure out how to delete the 2.0.1 version.

When I go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications, all that is there is the 2.1 version, even after I filter to "all".

Any thoughts?

Thanks and Much Love!

Sorry all if this question has been asked before.

I just ported the 2.1 gallery over to my moto droid (which is awesome btw). But now it shows that I have 2 galleries installed when i open my launcher :thinking:. I just cant figure out how to delete the 2.0.1 version.

When I go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications, all that is there is the 2.1 version, even after I filter to "all".

Any thoughts?

Thanks and Much Love!

You can't delete the system apps without root access. Even with root access, you will want to just rename them so they are still there in case you need to restore them. Deleting would not be a good idea in that case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones