• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Portfolio case first impressions

faith4more

Feb 20, 2011
I found this case to be quite flimsy and very plastic. But biggest problem is when you fold it back really no where for top cover to go. Not really going to lay flat and kind of gangly when folding back to use tablet in hands.

I did not buy but they allowed me to take out of box and test it out. I would suggest anyone interested in this case to get hands on it or you may be very disappointed.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Wow! Hos disappointing. The scratching is the worst. But as demonstrated in the video, I am not sure I would want the medium tilt now anyway. At first it seemed like it would be awesome now I don't see a use.

I am thinking now I would like a case that protects, and maybe allows the tablet to be stood up or layed flat.

Upvote 0
Well I didn't manage to scratch mine yet but I just got back from returning it anyway so I wouldn't scratch it in the future.

I just ordered this one:

Amazon.com: Premium Zippered Folio Case for Motorola Xoom Tablet - Perfect Carry Cover for Protecting from Scratches **Includes Accessory Bag**: Electronics

it's cheap but be aware they screw you on the shipping(7.99 for regular ground)

I like it because it's soft everywhere so won't hurt anything and it zips closed to keep dust off and out of the xoom. I'll post back when I get it.

Upvote 0
i was thinking about this one too but i just didnt like the flaps to hold it in. i prefer the OEM look and this screams 3rd party. my opinion of course.. i really want a folio case. imma stop in verizon tomorrow and see what they have //

airforce did bby give you a hard time for returning the folio case after you opened it? any restock fee? ive not returned anything to bby before...

Upvote 0
i was thinking about this one too but i just didnt like the flaps to hold it in. i prefer the OEM look and this screams 3rd party. my opinion of course.. i really want a folio case. imma stop in verizon tomorrow and see what they have //

airforce did bby give you a hard time for returning the folio case after you opened it? any restock fee? ive not returned anything to bby before...
No no issues whatsoever.:) No restocking fee, etc.. but it was a Verizon store where I bought the OEM case, not Best Buy so I can't say how BB will behave.

I agree with you and I'm not in love with the looks of the one I bought from Amazon, but I need something for now...until better units arrive.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
I like the portfolio case for what it is. It was never positioned as a luxury item and I find the feel of it to be more about function. My only initial concerns were with the clasp you use to close it -- just seems easy to scratch the body of the device. I think it'll come down to how you use the device; I ordered the gel/silicone cover and the portfolio case. When transporting in a backpack, I think I'll be more likely to use the portfolio case. Other times, I will probably use the gel case. It's good to have options.

Reactions: NvrEnough
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones