• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Porting a number to a current phone/account?

MrLaserman

Oct 3, 2013
Southeast Michigan
I currently have a virgin mobile phone / account with phone number from virgin. I also own a cheap back up tmobile phone with it's own phone number. What I would like to do is port the tmobile phone number to the virgin phone. Is that possible since the virgin phone / account is already running? I know one can change their virgin phone number but I want the tmobile number on the virgin phone. Virgin support isn't giving me anything on this question and getting a life rep seems way too hard to figure out how to do... I guess they don't really want to talk to anyone. calling the number listed only gets over the phone support... no option for a live person. I sent in an email on that page of the web site but that could take forever regardless of how short of a time they say... been there before! Thanks!

You need to get T-Mobile to release the number. That should be easy. Just dial 611 and T-Mobile will take care of it. Then you have to get Virgin to make the change of numbers, which is a common request and should be simple. But, you're dealing with Virgin. Good luck...

Virgin might be a little cheaper, but it might be worth it to simplify and just keep T-Mobile and your number and drop Virgin.

Reactions: MrLaserman
Upvote 0
I've thought of dropping Virgin but my wife is happy with her phone and plan but wants my good tmobile number. You know the old saying... happy wife happy life! But she will have to make a choice... keep the number they gave her or keep changing it until she finds one she likes or give up Virgin. At least that's how things look. Virgin doesn't seem to be a company that is easy to deal with unless it's just easy things online. If you need real true help it seems you are out of luck.

Upvote 0
I did finally get a live person... at least I THINK they were alive... between the low volume on the call and the accent plus the canned script reading I finally got my account number which was about all I was able to accomplish with this person. They did not seem to know much... maybe they are new... and really did not think I could do what I wanted to do. So I will probably just do something else instead. Virgin Mobile just doesn't seem to have it together very well. Tried Virgin once before and left... will probably leave again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones