• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Portrait Slider - Nobody Interested??

Wich is the favourite

• Portrait Slider Keyboard (BB Tourch)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Landscape Slider Keyboard (HTC Desire Z-G2)

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Portrait Keyboard (BB Bold)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Touch only (all the rest!!)

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vittogn

Lurker
Jul 30, 2010
I'm of course talking about an high res 3.7-4 in screen Android device with a form factor similar to BB Torch, WP Dell Venue Pro or the Palm Pre.

I did a lot of googling on this topic but it seems nobody care, ask, cry...!!!

In my view this form factor could give us both the benefit of a full touch screen (with the loved virtual keyboard for short text typing) plus the typing experience (for long emails) of a BB.......at the expense of a bit of bulk!!

Am I the only?
Ready to port Gingerbread to the Dell Venue Pro??

I used to be the type that would only want a phone with a keyboard. It was one of the main drivers in my decision to get a moment. However, looking back, I wouldn't do it again. The only time a physical keyboard is even useful for me now is when I'm typing in a password. If I'm going to have a phone with that added bulk, I'd rather the mass was used for an extended battery.

Upvote 0
i was a young boy with love for apple and there new technology :D so i decided to buy the iphone 2g then i upgraded to iphone 3g and i felt apples corporate hold and decided to get a new phone the blackberry pearl was a fail so i waited and bought a andriod phone starting off cheap with the smasung europa ..brilliant is a word a little laggy at times and hare to get used to the small keyboard so i am upgrading to a htc desire z any one have any outher ideas i want big :D and andriod o course ;)

Upvote 0
I had one of these - feature phone - no BB at the time could keep up with me for texting efficiency and the ability to make a simple one-handed phone call. In case you missed it, I give you the dual-slider.

helio-ocean.gif

Reactions: lordofthereef
Upvote 0
I prefer the landscape slider. I use to have a Nokia N97 and now the HTC Desire Z. I also have a BlackBerry Tour for work. The landscape slider keyboards tend to have keys farther apart. I find I have difficulty typing with the BlackBerry form factor keyboard (screen and keyboard form factor). I find the physical keyboard appeals to me because I can see what part of the screen I am typing in.

I have been getting used to the virtual keyboard on my Desire Z. I don't use it that often, but sometimes, I'm too lazy to flip open the keyboard to enter a few strokes only. I've also been practicing with the virtual keyboard. I think that I may be OK with a virtual keyboard only.

Although, it is early on in the poll with only a small sample size, I'm surprised that only 50% prefer the virtual keyboard. I expected this to be at least 75%. Looking at the phones that are available, it seems that a large portion of the newer phones do not have a physical keyboard. I find the selection of phones with landscape sliders to be rather sparse.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones