1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

POS?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by speedtrap, Oct 16, 2017.

1. speedtrap

speedtrap Lurker
    None

Oct 16, 2017
    I just changed to the LG V20, I've had the last LG for 3 years and never have had a problem with it. I got the V20 home and charged it, used it for a week, great camera, just getting things installed and used to the size of it. Left it inside my house on my piano. Took care of my yard chores and was running late. I was going to touch bases with my out of town relatives which were visiting my father. Picked up my phone and ........nothing...... no screen, plugged it in and nothing, waited an hour and nothing. No phone no numbers no nothing..... Old phone was a life saver as far as numbers but now with no hot spot no internet no messenger.
    Went back to the store on Monday and was told to go to a corporate store 35 miles away for warranty. As soon as I walked in the store I knew I was screwed, I handed the phone to the lady working there, she couldn't get it to work so she opened the back and said WATER Damage !! Sorry I can't help you the phone is no good anymore. Due to water damage that voids any warranty on the phone.
    WOW
    I had my old one activated again.
    A couple of weeks went by and I found the V20 in the console of my pick up. Wow, I said to myself. I turned it on and really I turned it on. All working. Checked it for a few days to make sure it was going to survive the abuse in store. Got ready to take it back to the store to have it activated and checked it again before going. Now it boots then it says in a window HIGH TEMPERATURE shutting down. Go figure...
    I put it in the freezer and got the same thing.
    No1 It's dry and it gets water damage. #2 It is 18 deg and it has high temp shut down.
    WTF?

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    You bought the phone new? You're saying it was a week old and it died (black screen, won't turn on)? And it was never exposed to moisture?

The high temp warning is probably why the phone shut down the first time, possibly a short, but I doubt that would trigger a moisture indicator. I would press the issue with LG corporate. It certainly sounds defective to me.

3. Napalm

Napalm Android Expert

Jul 28, 2010
    Aircraft Engineer
    Memphis, TN
    how did you purchase this phone? was it actually new in the box or was it considered refurbished?

LG V20

The LG V20 is a flagship that launched in September 2016. The device launched with Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. The phone featured a 5.7-inch Quantum IPS display, Snapdragon 820 chipset, dua-rear cameras,a secondary display, and more.