1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Positive perspective for the Bionicles

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rushmore, Nov 2, 2011.

1. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    Yes, the Razr seems a better build and has an easier access micro sd slot, plus a "1.2ghz" chipset and SAMOLEDA display. But:

1. Probably the same LTE as the Bionic
    2. Contrary to others, most folks and media reviews like the Bionic's display and it looks GREAT outside. Not as easy for amoled tech.
    3. The build is great
    4. You can switch batteries :)
    5. Same internal storage and RAM
    6. I stick with my assertion the Razr will run warmer than the Bionic, since same 4430 chip, but 20% faster clock. Binning shminning- I think the device will run warmer/hotter and drain the battery worse than at 1ghz.

The one glaring issue with the Bionic is the sound issue from the 3.5mm jack (if common). Assuming that is fixed, I suggest that the Bionicles should NOT be bent out of shape. The net result should mean an equal device.

I apply the same logic to my Droid 3 and the looming Droid 4. BTW, I think we should enjoy our battery options ATM, since probably a lot more fixed battery phones next year.

Advertisement

2. dguy

dguy Android Expert
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    Male
    Yep, the Razr is definitely a mixed bag compared to the Bionic, it is not a straight improvement. I will take the Bionic with an extended battery over the Razr any day.

3. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    Territory Manager

I don't have sound issues from the audio jack.

4. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    Awwww...you do care, rush. You got me all misty eyed. haha. :p

Yeah, I wasn't too envious with the Razr. I'd rather have the Gnex or the Rezound anyways but I don't feel the urgency to have to switch phones. The Bionic has everything that I wanted when I was looking to replace my OG. When my company gave us the D3 I think I would have been good through this year but dang that Coscto deal got me to buy a Bionic.

5. dave1812

dave1812 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 29, 2009
    Male
    ret
    San Jose, CA
    Not until I went to Costco's phone kiosk, did I realize they don't charge tax on the full list price. therefore, when I bought my wife's bionic there, for $289, it was far cheaper than my Verizon-store-bought Bionic due to getting dinged tax on list price. throw in the accessories, and WOW! Glad I went to Costco!

6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    I paid $279 not $289, and I got it on drop day. Did they up the price after drop day b/c of demand?

Having that external battery charger is a total win for me and having the spare stock battery wasn't too bad either. Since I run off my dual extended batteries, those are there for spares, more than anything - but after not having used one and having it charged a month ago, Saturday night I put in a stock battery that had been fully charged a month before - and it was still at 100%.

7. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    So the audio jack issue is not common? If so, cool.

Shame the Weptop allocation is not an option to remove. That would be a few more gigs of space like the D3 has.

8. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    Territory Manager
    I don't need to swap external batteries but it is nice having two standard batteries should I go on a long road trip or something.

Although I have found my extended battery easily lasts 3-4 hours of display life with it still being around 60-70% battery life...

When I take a shower in the morning I put my phone into my speakers and listen to Pandora... I have never heard anything that differs from my PC so if there IS an issue my PC magically has it too...