1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Positive thoughts and prayers appreciated

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rootabaga, Sep 24, 2014.

1. rootabaga

rootabaga Android Expert

I haven't been around here very long, but this forum has a good feel to it, which is why I'm sharing.

I'm writing this from a room in the ICU, where I've been since about four this afternoon. When I answered the phone this morning, it was an ER trauma center alerting me that my mom had been in a serious car accident. I was on a plane by one.

My mom pretty much raised my sister and I on her own after my parents divorced and my father shortly thereafter died. She's one of those people who everyone likes and many love.

Right now she is in critical condition. I won't go into lots of details here, but in addition to some broken bones, a great deal of pain and a huge hematoma on her leg (that itself also has a large blister), she's got some head injuries as well, and all we can do at present is wait.

I share this only because I know there are some here who have genuinely big hearts and care for the tribulations of others, even strangers, and there are also those who believe in the power of prayer (as do I) and embrace the healing aspects of warm, positive thoughts...even anonymously, from strangers.

So it is in that spirit that I come here, sharing this burden, and hoping you may be willing to lend that kind of assistance...if you can send up a prayer or send some positive energy into the cosmos for her, I'd be deeply grateful.

Also, just a reminder: hug those you love and tell them so...often. And if they are too distant to hug, then call and tell them how important they are to you.

Take care, friends.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Oh, rootabaga, I'm so sorry to hear this news.

You're right about this forum and its members. We'll be here for you. Please share whatever you're comfortable sharing, and feel free to PM me at any time.

Sending good thoughts your mom's way...

3. mrsmumbles

mrsmumbles Android Enthusiast

I'm sending up a prayer for your Mom right this minute as soon as I finish typing. Sending lots of love your way.

4. Gmash

Gmash Extreme Android User

So sorry to hear this. Hoping for the best possible outcome and sending some positive energy your way.

5. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

We are truly sorry to hear this news, but just know we are all hear to listen and talk. Prayers to you and your family, and we truly hope all goes well. Chin up my friend and have faith.

6. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

So sorry to hear about your mother's accident. I will be praying for you and your family.

7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Those kinds of phone calls out of the blue are the worst. :( I'm sorry for both you and your mom, rootabaga. I hope she makes a full recovery quickly. I've got you in my prayers.

8. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Sorry to hear this man. :(

Hoping things turn around for the positive.

9. olbriar

olbriar  

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother rootabaga. I hope for her a full recovery.

Yes, we are family here, and you are a part of it. We care and will be putting out positive thoughts and prayers for your family and your mother. Hang in there man.

10. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Praying and hoping for the best outcome for your mother.:(

11. MoodyBlues

VIP Member

No word from rootabaga...the worrier in me is going crazy.

12. keithneese

keithneese Lurker

Thoughts and prayers for all of you.

13. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

Oh, rootabaga, so sorry your mom is going through all this. How awful. Please know I'm thinking of you and wishing mom the best :(

Rico ANDROID likes this.
  14. Unforgiven

Thank you for the update. I she continues to heal everyday.

15. MoodyBlues

VIP Member

Thanks for the update, rootabaga. I'm so sorry your mom is having such a bad time, but your presence, and your sister's, is surely comforting and reassuring for her.

If this is allowed in the ICU, you might want to hook her up with some music. If there's a particular type of music she likes, it can be very calming and enjoyable (assuming it's not heavy metal or something! :D).

Please continue to post updates as you're able. Meanwhile, we'll continue sending good thoughts and prayers your mom's way.

Rico ANDROID likes this.
  16. huh

huh Android Expert

I'm so sorry this has happened...keep strong..:)

17. Gmash

Gmash Extreme Android User

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom years ago when I was 16 years old, and I still miss her. I know no words can help. It's good that you have family there. You guys need to lean on each other and just try to help each other through this. Such a hard thing to go through...Hang in there.:(

MoodyBlues and rootabaga like this.
  18. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

19. olbriar

olbriar  

I am so very sorry for your loss, rootabaga.

20. noeticprince

noeticprince Newbie

said a prayer

21. Unforgiven

I'm sorry for your loss.:(

22. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Android Expert

Rootabaga, I am really sorry to read the post of your mom's passing. Thoughts of you and family has reached across the globe in this forum I am sure. May our thoughts and condolences give you some measure of comfort.

Sorry, big guy.

23. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

So very sorry, keeping you in my thoughts.

24. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

My deepest sympathies. :(

rootabaga likes this.
  25. mrsmumbles

mrsmumbles Android Enthusiast

I'm so sorry for your loss.