• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Possibe manual recovery in adb???

doihaveto

Nov 28, 2009
I have tried to no success however my phone is not bootlooping so it may not be working because of that but if anyone does get a bootloop try this and let us know if this works. we could use it to manually undo changes causing the bootloops after we make changes.

Please if anybody has any idea similar to this let us know because this could be big in unbricking/unbootlooping our phones before we get recovery

link to the idea i take no credit just passing on for possible use on bionic:

[FIX] Phone Bootlooping? - xda-developers

I have tried to no success however my phone is not bootlooping so it may not be working because of that but if anyone does get a bootloop try this and let us know if this works. we could use it to manually undo changes causing the bootloops after we make changes.

Please if anybody has any idea similar to this let us know because this could be big in unbricking/unbootlooping our phones before we get recovery

link to the idea i take no credit just passing on for possible use on bionic:

[FIX] Phone Bootlooping? - xda-developers

The XDA link you provided discusses using adb to root (or re-root) your phone manually using the D3 root exploit discovered by djrbliss and then utilizing your root powers to fix whatever it was that you broke.

This is all contingent upon the phone getting far enough along in the boot sequence where the adb daemon is running (which is not always going to be the case (and is actually probably very unlikely)).

Post #11 also discusses how a simple factory reset might fix some bootloops.

Everyone should also be aware that the above thread is for the Droid 3 and there are some Droid 3-specific mentions and references. I dare say that those that might successfully use this are already knowledgeable about using adb and hopefully have not put themselves in a position where it would be necessary to mine this thread's knowledge ;).

Again, until a true custom recovery is created for the Bionic or an .SBF file is available, you should exercise all due caution in using your new-found root powers to alter the system.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones