• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Possible 2.2 Rom tomorrow?

dmodert66

Android Expert
Oct 24, 2009
Southern California
From DF : Android 2.2 - Froyo - Page 162 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Pic of it running on his Droid at the link above...

Miami (Admin)

Originally Posted by C5O
Miami, can we get a general date of when this download will be released?

Sure...

I was expecting the release tonight. About one hour ago but I have been informed they have scrapped that plan until 9 am tomorrow. Now to show you there is a newer build I have attacheda screen cap from my perosonal Droid!

While I cannot release this until we get the go ahead. I will say knowing the parties as well as I do. There is a very very good reason they changed thier mind. With that I will see you tomorrow

What do you guys think?

Holy hell...Check out these benchies running at stock speed! Overclocked, we should see some good speeds!

benchmarkr.jpg

Upvote 0
Fun part:rolleyes:, for now, is that trying out 2.2 means that we will most likely have to .sbf back to 2.0.1, etc., etc., to get root back..

Unless this 2.2 ROM somehow replaces the recovery I don't see why that would be the case. Also am I wrong in thinking that whatever ROM is made will likely already be rooted?

Just looked at that first video of 2.2 on a Droid again and the guy has a SetCPU widget on his desktop. Has to be rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones